Edited* Hose from pump to filter

MrsCoffeekinz

May 17, 2019
eastern NC
Hello! The hose that connects our pump to our filter spouted a bunch of serious cracks when we fired up the pump. I posted a question about this a few hours ago and now realize we had some of our info wrong so I am editing the post. Please excuse my cluelessness if you read the original post!

It's a 1.5 inch strong but slightly flexible hose, much sturdier than what we have for the vacuum.

Is there any good way to reuse the couplings at the end of the old hose? I can buy what seems to be a similar type of hose at Lowes but am at a loss for how to adequately attach it. I can order a replacement but it will be a few days and I cringe at the thought of what will happen with the water while we wait.

I’m also open to trying any other solutions that might work for a newbie to get the equipment running.

I appreciate all the folks on this site sharing their knowledge, I feel like I have learned more reading the site in the last few days than in the 4 years I have had my pool!

Last edited:
A picture would help. We don't know if you have a barbed fitting with a crimped clamp, if the ends swivel or not, male or female threads, nothing. Assuming the pump has standard plumbing threads on it, you ought to be able to make something with parts from Lowes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.