ecoFINISH aquaBRIGHT longterm review

I had the fiberglass guy talk to the Plaster company and it was determined that the fiberglass walls needed to be done first after the floor was blasted and then the new plaster floor would be laid in. The plaster company is rated the best in the St. Louis area for redoing pool plastering and they are the ones that just put in the tile at the top of the fiberglass walls. Everything was sealed between the top of the fiberglass walls and the coping. I was very impressed.
STLPool2017 I'm so happy for you that you are finally getting all this resolved.

Reactions: AmyJo
Just an update as I approach the end of my first season: The pool is amazing. I do very little to it. Backwash every other week, robot once per week. Stabilizer here and here but for the most part, no work at all. Ecofinish is behaving as advertised. No issues. No cracks in the floor or the wall and the pool equipment seems to be functioning perfectly. I guess the real test will be after the first winter but so far I have high hopes. I have a Hybrid pool with concrete floor and Composite walls. Working perfectly at this time.

I also recommend Paradyme Coatings. They did a great job with my pool.
Paradyme is also who we used on this 4th finish attempt. They are coming out today to see if they can resolve the rest of the issues we have. Still looks like a repaired pool even though we had it sandblasted down and plastered. I feel like it should look new after all that. Lots of areas where the finish isn't at the edges of the tile or the cleaning heads. A few lumps of finish here and there. But mostly frustrating, where a crack was repaired after the plaster was on, it still looks cracked.

First post here. I'm in Central Ohio. Broke ground in the fall of 17 on a new build and completed in spring of 18. Pool is a hybrid pool - Concrete Floor/Alpha Evolution fiber-reinforced composite panels/walls. Was sold on the durability, maintenance free, indestructible attributes to AB/Ecofinish. Started noticing flaking towards the end of summer last year. This summer has been a mess with peeling/flaking. I don't know what their plan is to fix or address, but the builder says that Alpha will be coming this fall to fix and reshoot. This is just after one weekend and what I could collect on the bottom of the pool and floating.....My filter is filled with flakes after vacuuming. pool.jpg

Reactions: Theycallmesunny
First post here. I'm in Central Ohio. Broke ground in the fall of 17 on a new build and completed in spring of 18. Pool is a hybrid pool - Concrete Floor/Alpha Evolution fiber-reinforced composite panels/walls. Was sold on the durability, maintenance free, indestructible attributes to AB/Ecofinish. Started noticing flaking towards the end of summer last year. This summer has been a mess with peeling/flaking. I don't know what their plan is to fix or address, but the builder says that Alpha will be coming this fall to fix and reshoot. This is just after one weekend and what I could collect on the bottom of the pool and floating.....My filter is filled with flakes after vacuuming. View attachment 117688
What do the areas look like where the aquabright flaked off?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't recall if it was all done on the same day.....it was mid-May as we were swimming by Memorial Day. I know they didn't want to do it below 65 degrees or so, so I don't know what your definition of cold is, but fairly positive it was above 65.

That's a good explanation for the bottom of the pool and can definitely see the base layer there, but the side panels are peeling all the way to the bare wall - mostly on the seams and also at the point where the concrete meets the Alpha panels - peeling off all the way to the epoxy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.