ecoFINISH aquaBRIGHT longterm review

If I had 2-3 lights, I'd definitely want a darker color--the darker colors look amazing in the sun; but with my one light, I don't know it would look good at night.

I think I have Blue Lagoon, and it looks ridiculously good at night, with just one 5G light.

From the recent pictures Brian posted, I now understand and acknowledge our pool builder's comments about it looking like a cheap all-light blue liner. Not my thing. Looks nice, but not really what I'm looking for. Glad we went a shade darker to the Blue Lagoon. Hoping it will be installed in the next two weeks. Seems that I'm in an interminable delay with my PB'er and frustration levels growing. Ughhh.

How long has the product Eco finish by AB been around?
I know everyone seems to rave about it and it looks great, how does the color hold up in very sunny areas like USVI? We have a villa that needs to be recoated and down on the island some pool people said the color will fade with all the direct sun, they said they have heard customer in Texas having fading issues?
Lastly...what are the problems that can occur over time? what are the remedies?
what is the expected life before recoating?
thanks

The product has been around for 10 years and has been used with great success in the Caribbean and VI's.

I'm sure it will eventually fade as just about everything does but the EcoFinish products were subjected to an accelerated UV test and had no noticeable fading during the test. You can see and read more on the test here:

http://www.ecopoolfinish.com/proven-performance-testing/

I've yet to hear of any fading issues and haven't seen it happening on any of the pools I've done but none are more than a year old.

There was a former installer that had bad experiences with EcoFinish out of Texas but my understanding was it was more related to installation issues...

As for problems over time, so long as the material is well bonded to a structurally sound substrate, there isn't much that can go wrong other than mechanical damage or eventual fading but that has yet to be seen. I can't imagine the UV rays in the VI's are much more intense than they are in Texas and this finish is very popular there in commercial/residential pools and even waterparks.

We went with Blue Granite and couldn't be happier with the color of the water. My deep end is 10' and we decided that Mediterranean would be too dark for us in the deep end. That was just our preference, though.

View attachment 62529

I must have missed this post....I've been curious about this color since I've yet to install it. That is truly beautiful!

I am up in the air as to which way to go myself . Aqua Bright or Pebble. I like the idea of no hot start but am worried about how new Aqua Bright is and what if it fails. What a mess and expense it would be to remove it. At my local Carlton Pool store the sales lady keeps telling me what a wonderful product it is and how its not the same product that it was a few years ago when there were problems.

Not sure if this helps. I've had mine for 9 months now, and still am happy with it.

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/130068-AquaBright-Ecofinish-Alternative-to-Acid-Washing

If I were to move into a house with and existing pool with Pebble, I'd likely have AquaBight applied over the Pebble. Here's why I like it more than I expected: it is inert; my water pretty much balances itself. Once a week, I empty the robot, empty the skimmer, check FC/pH, and scrub the waterline above the steps where the robot can't get to it. When I say "check" I mean I is consistanly well iwthin

Also, the reason why it would be so difficult to remove is because it is strongly adhered to the substrate, and it is so tough; this is really a good thing unless you hated the color. And if you really don't like the color, a new color could be melted into the existing color.

Anyway, it has only been 9 months, but I'm a fan.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have researched the heck out of AquaBright and have not seen or heard ONE negative comment. The only negative comment associated is from a member here who had a not great experience with his PB, but the product itself has nothing but glowing reviews. Our local installer - the one who is going to use it on our resurfacing - closed his pool-building business to focus solely on EcoFinish AquaBright! I am 100% SOLD.

It's expensive
It's completely reliant on the surface its applied
The prep work is critical
It's thin
There really isn't any competition

You have to remember that I'm on the other side of the spectrum. As a homeowner having this applied to their pool is a complete different story. If you want this finish you are either aware or have had direct experience with the downfalls of plaster or pebble and know what you are getting into. I deal with people everyday that are doing nothing more than shopping price and really want pebble because that's what everyone else has.

I've said it before but if you've seen what I have and know what I do, you wouldn't want anything to do with the cementitious surfaces that are available...

Oh pretty pretty pretty!!! Our AB installer says this is his favorite of the finishes. I will be looking at a sample of this on Monday, along with Sand (Sandstone? Cannot recall exact name) plus a few custom colors that have been done to match our tile! So excited!

I, personally, dream of the day when I can get my pebbletec covered over with AquaBright Mediterranean Blue....I love that color!! However, I'd likely need to redo my tile as well since it's blue also and will clash with the AB...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.