Eco-finish vs Rebound Pool Surface

JKFinn

Jul 5, 2021
Oklahoma
Hi everyone! Im new here and new to pools all together. I am researching options for a new pool build in Oklahoma. I know the aggregates are the way to go for longevity. I really want a smooth surface. We have considered We considered using Pebble sheen, but PB suggested we look at eco-fishing and Rebound Pool Surfaces. I can’t find a lot of information on these relatively new finishes. I would love to get your feedback and the best option for a smooth finish.

Thanks!

IMO there are enough potential issues with products that have a long track record, including the "newer" pebble finishes, and any finish really. Newer being newer than marcite/plain plaster. I am not excited about using products that have shown challenging to get the installation right and/or haven't been widely in use for 10-20 years. I will say though that installations of these products (Rebound sounds very similar to EcoFinish when I looked it up) seems more reliable when installed over a fresh application of plaster. Realize that you are getting two pool finishes. They will be installing a plain plaster finish, which could be your final finish, then installing either of these products over top of that. Which leads to the high initial cost.

I'd find it very hard to believe that Pebble Sheen, or even better Pebble Fina, wouldn't be sufficiently smooth for your needs/interest. Or just a quartz or plaster finish are super smooth, though with potentially reduced longevity accordingly. To put it in perspective, these two finishes are certainly installed on 0.X% of pools, versus the other 99%+.

To view the most applicable reviews on here, see user @bdavis466 posts. He used to install it. He hasn't been active on the boards here for a bit (though I see he did login yesterday) but his insights (from his initial use to no longer installing it) would be an interesting read for you, and his insights in general, are respected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.