JimMack

Feb 19, 2021
Davis, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! New member here, have received lots of good advice by reading the forums, but now I have a question. We had a EasyTouch Pool & Spa system installed recently, and it is working well. But the spa never gets as warm as it did with the manual setup, and the heater cycles off before we're up to temp, even though the Screenlogic Connect shows a little flame indicating the heater is on. The Spa temp is set to 104, and the heater is going off before we even hit 100. Finally, the display on the heater itself shows it is set to 102 when Screenlogic says 104. The heater will eventually cycle back on and the spa gets hotter but never up to 104. Any clues?

Welcome to TFP.

Where in your plumbing is the water temperature sensor located?

Post pics of your equipment pad and show the water sensor location.

Allen's helping you troubleshoot one possibility. There could be another. The EasyTouch's temp sensors can be adjusted to calibrate them properly for your setup. It might be that the ET's factory settings are not aligned with your heater's. You can refer to the ET owner manual to find where these settings are. Or you could call the installer, who should have taken care of this for you in the first place. I'm guessing they charged you a healthy markup, and that markup is in part justified by a followup or two. They shouldn't charge you for a service call until the heater is working properly, as that should be part of the install.

Welcome to TFP.

Where in your plumbing is the water temperature sensor located?

Post pics of your equipment pad and show the water sensor location.
Thanks! It is between the pump and the filter. See pic...

Attachments

• 98224C08-F7D8-41B6-B089-A6BF9139B036.jpeg
    98224C08-F7D8-41B6-B089-A6BF9139B036.jpeg
    753.9 KB · Views: 13
Allen's helping you troubleshoot one possibility. There could be another. The EasyTouch's temp sensors can be adjusted to calibrate them properly for your setup. It might be that the ET's factory settings are not aligned with your heater's. You can refer to the ET owner manual to find where these settings are. Or you could call the installer, who should have taken care of this for you in the first place. I'm guessing they charged you a healthy markup, and that markup is in part justified by a followup or two. They shouldn't charge you for a service call until the heater is working properly, as that should be part of the install.
Thanks, I thought of that, and I don’t know all the inner workings but the temp reported by EasyTouch and the one displayed on the heater are pretty close. And the heater is turning off before either temp reaches the set point. And yes, the installer has and will provide support, thankfully. Appreciate your input!

Your temp sensor is right where mine is. The location probably isn't the issue. You might have a bad sensor. The installer should know how to test it.

I would let the installer deal with this. Might as well take advantage, his support will be gone soon enough. No point in messing with anything yourself, as that could possibly let him off the hook if he accuses you of messing things up. It's probably something simple...

Which is also another way of me saying I've exhausted my knowledge on the subject! ;)

The installer came out on Sunday (!) and set the heater to max out at 104 (he had it at 102). Also we dropped the calibrated pool temp two degrees. Had a nice toasty spa last night, and the heater shut off right at 104, the temp we set in the app. Thanks, all!

Reactions: Dirk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.