Easytouch Solar Temp Wrong

Oct 2, 2014
San Marcos, Ca
I have an EasyTouch system. My solar wasn't turning on despite it being hot. I checked the solar temperature under Calibration and it was 25* F. It would only go up to 34*. I did some research and replaced the solar temperature sensor (Pentair 520272) today. After replacing, the temp was 4* off so I adjusted it under Calibration. I checked my app and the solar was off, checked Calibration, solar temp is back at 25* F and I cannot adjust it above 34*.

Any ideas?

Those sure look like Celsius degrees. May I respectfully ask whether you are 100% positive your ET is set to display Fahrenheit? If it is, maybe try toggling to Celsius and back to Fahrenheit in case the ET has lost its mind.

In my experience, temperature probe failures are extremely obvious, as in wildly fluctuating readings or no readings at all.

Lol, yes, I did double check that. All 3 temperatures shown are in Fahrenheit. I read quite a few posts where people found odd temperatures like I am. I erased the EEPROM today just to see if that wouod fix it. When I went to Calibration, the air and water temperatures were accurate, the solar temperature was 255* F.

You could try temporarily swapping the solar sensor with one of the other two. That should tell you whether the problem is in the sensor or the ET.

Last edited:
Swapped the solar and air sensor wires. Solar was 256* F before swapping, then after swapping Air is 256* F. So its the board?
No. If the bad temp moved along with the probe, then I would say the probe is bad. If the solar had stayed at 256 after the swap, then I'd tend to blame the board.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.