Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So I just got my EasyTouch/Screenlogic2 system up and going this past week on a new build. I’m trying to adjust my RPMs but every time I attempt to adjust the RPM in my ScreenLogic app, the pump quits running but the power light stays on. As soon as I switch back over to GPM in the app, the pump starts running again. As long as I stay in GPM it will continue running but anytime I try to switch back over to RPM, it immediately stops running. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help

G,

In my mind almost no one needs to be running in the GPM mode.. I always suggest that new pool owners set everything up using VS and RPM and then after a few months, if you can find something that needs GPM, then you can change it.. 99% of pool owners do not need GPM, and it just causes issues like you are having right now.

Show me this set up page...

Thanks,

Jim R.

G,

In my mind almost no one needs to be running in the GPM mode.. I always suggest that new pool owners set everything up using VS and RPM and then after a few months, if you can find something that needs GPM, then you can change it.. 99% of pool owners do not need GPM, and it just causes issues like you are having right now.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the reply. It’s not that I want to use GPM mode but it’s the only thing that will work for some reason. As far as that setup page, forgive me for being such a newbie, but I have no idea what that page is. The only thing I have is the ScreenLogic app on my phone and iPad.

G,

I use my PC most of the time because it is so much easier than the phone... The set up pages is how I program my ScreenLogic..

If you use the phone you need two apps.. One is ScreenLogic and the other is SLConfig... I assume it is the same for apple stuff. SLConfig is where you set up pump speeds..

It might not look the same as my pic above, but it should have the same basic info..

In my case I select my pump as VS.. You should have yours set to VSF

Then below that you will see Circuits where you want the pump to run at a specific speed.. Notice where I have my Pool and Spa circuit set up for the lowest RPM I plan to use.

Then to increase speeds I have additional Circuits that tell the pump to increase the speed .. Such as Skim Low and Skim High and Waterfall..

The basic concept is to schedule Pool and/or Spa to run the entire time you want the pump to run.. Then just turn on or off other circuits to increase or decrease the speed. The pump will always run the highest of any two or more speeds it receives..

As an example using my pic above.... If I schedule Pool from 8 am until 8 pm The pump will run at 1250 for the entire time
If I also schedule Skim High at 1 pm until 2 pm, then at 1 pm the pump speed will increase to 2000 and at 2 pm the speed will decrease back to 1250.

Please let me know if that does not make sense..

I'm about done for today, so it will have to be tomorrow...

Thanks,

Jim R.

G,

I use my PC most of the time because it is so much easier than the phone... The set up pages is how I program my ScreenLogic..

If you use the phone you need two apps.. One is ScreenLogic and the other is SLConfig... I assume it is the same for apple stuff. SLConfig is where you set up pump speeds..

It might not look the same as my pic above, but it should have the same basic info..

In my case I select my pump as VS.. You should have yours set to VSF

Then below that you will see Circuits where you want the pump to run at a specific speed.. Notice where I have my Pool and Spa circuit set up for the lowest RPM I plan to use.

Then to increase speeds I have additional Circuits that tell the pump to increase the speed .. Such as Skim Low and Skim High and Waterfall..

The basic concept is to schedule Pool and/or Spa to run the entire time you want the pump to run.. Then just turn on or off other circuits to increase or decrease the speed. The pump will always run the highest of any two or more speeds it receives..

As an example using my pic above.... If I schedule Pool from 8 am until 8 pm The pump will run at 1250 for the entire time
If I also schedule Skim High at 1 pm until 2 pm, then at 1 pm the pump speed will increase to 2000 and at 2 pm the speed will decrease back to 1250.

Please let me know if that does not make sense..

I'm about done for today, so it will have to be tomorrow...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you! What PC software do I need to set up in order to configure everything? I’ve tried to install Screenlogic Connect on my PC but haven’t had any luck yet

Thank you! What PC software do I need to set up in order to configure everything? I’ve tried to install Screenlogic Connect on my PC but haven’t had any luck yet
For the PC software, got to pentair.com, hover over Education and Support at the top, and then select the Software Download item. Once at that page, the first item is the Screen Logic for consumers download link.

For the PC software, got to pentair.com, hover over Education and Support at the top, and then select the Software Download item. Once at that page, the first item is the Screen Logic for consumers download link.
I was finally able to get it running. I had not chosen to "run as administrator" prior

G,

Thanks,

Jim R.
If I change it to rpm, the pump stops running until I switch it back to GPM

Attachments

• E1972B7D-2067-4E76-8058-FE863FA1BCEA.jpeg
    E1972B7D-2067-4E76-8058-FE863FA1BCEA.jpeg
    409 KB · Views: 14

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It has to be a config setting on the EasyTouch panel. I've got the same pump, I did have an issue when mixing RPM and GPM, the pump would only run at the GPM setting no matter what the scheduled speed.
1617984529765.png

G,

Set both buttons to RPM.. and then use the drop down and set Pool to 1500 RPM and Spa to 2500 RPM.

Select Finish

The pump may shut off, but it should come back on.

For the pump to run, the System must be in AUTO and you need to be in the Pool mode or Spa mode..

And... There must be a schedule for Pool or Spa that is running...

Thanks,

Jim R.

G,

Set both buttons to RPM.. and then use the drop down and set Pool to 1500 RPM and Spa to 2500 RPM.

Select Finish

The pump may shut off, but it should come back on.

For the pump to run, the System must be in AUTO and you need to be in the Pool mode or Spa mode..

And... There must be a schedule for Pool or Spa that is running...

Thanks,

Jim R.
I tried that and it did the same thing, the pump quit running but the power light on the easytouch panel stayed on. As soon as I switched it back to GPM, the pump started running again

I ran into a similar situation with mine. I am assuming you have an Intelloflo VSF? If I selected VSF on the easy touch panel I would have issues. I had to configure mine as VS.

I have the SL config app but I never use it. Within the screen logic app you can change the RPM of your pump

I ran into a similar situation with mine. I am assuming you have an Intelloflo VSF? If I selected VSF on the easy touch panel I would have issues. I had to configure mine as VS.

I have the SL config app but I never use it. Within the screen logic app you can change the RPM of your pump
Ok I'll give that a try! Appreciate it

On my Screenlogic I can easily switch between gpm and rpm. I didn't see anything that wasn't obvious in the SLConfig that might affect it. My pump type is set to VSF. For reference, here's what it looks like on my phone:
ScreenLogicPump.jpg
Jim has forgotten more about pools than I'll ever know, but I'm the 1% that prefers to use "gpm" rather than "rpm". This is mostly because I have solar, which requires a nominal 5-7gpm per panel, or around 45gpm for 9 panels. Knowing how much water is actually flowing through them gives me peace of mind. The gas heater and SWG also have required flow rates, and it's handy to be able to program fairly close to the thresholds. Please let me know if you have any particular questions about the ScreenLogic settings.

I switched it over to VS instead of VSF and set my RPM's. The good news is the pump kept running. The bad news is the RPM is locked at 2500 despite what I set it to

On my Screenlogic I can easily switch between gpm and rpm. I didn't see anything that wasn't obvious in the SLConfig that might affect it. My pump type is set to VSF. For reference, here's what it looks like on my phone:
View attachment 321372
Jim has forgotten more about pools than I'll ever know, but I'm the 1% that prefers to use "gpm" rather than "rpm". This is mostly because I have solar, which requires a nominal 5-7gpm per panel, or around 45gpm for 9 panels. Knowing how much water is actually flowing through them gives me peace of mind. The gas heater and SWG also have required flow rates, and it's handy to be able to program fairly close to the thresholds. Please let me know if you have any particular questions about the ScreenLogic settings.
I can switch between RPM and GPM but my pump quits running when I switch to RPM in VSF mode

I switched it over to VS instead of VSF and set my RPM's. The good news is the pump kept running. The bad news is the RPM is locked at 2500 despite what I set it to

G,

Let's back up and see if we can understand what it is you are doing...

You set the pump type to VS..

What speed did you assign to the Pool Circuit?

What speed did you assign to the Spa Circuit?

When you say the RPM is "locked", where are you trying to change it?

Showing Screen Shots will really help.

Thanks,

Jim R.

When in VS mode, it allows me to set RPMs and the pump doesn’t quit running like in VSF but the RPMs stay at 2500 despite being set to 1500

Attachments

• A7AFC684-3ED2-491C-940A-948194E9414D.jpeg
    A7AFC684-3ED2-491C-940A-948194E9414D.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 556E1064-2071-40D2-9871-66CCB72778F6.jpeg
    556E1064-2071-40D2-9871-66CCB72778F6.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 4BBEB95D-AAB2-4C92-847B-0E5E42505A90.jpeg
    4BBEB95D-AAB2-4C92-847B-0E5E42505A90.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 14

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.