EasyTouch salt level 0 IC40 High salt light flashing

thetekgeek

Bronze Supporter
Jun 8, 2018
Nebraska
As the thread title says, I’ve got a weird one. Chlorine production tests normal, at least it is keeping up with demand. I’ve had my solar cover on most of the time over the past few days, and have turned the IC40 down to 15% without losing FC.

Today, I checked diagnostics on the easytouch and it shows 0 salt. I killed the circuit breaker for the salt generator and started it back up. Now, it is flashing “High Salt” and the easytouch panel still shows 0. My Taylor salt test shows salt at 3800. I’m not sure where to start. I’ve searched the forum and didn’t find a thread discussing high salt on the IC an 0 salt on the ET.

If your cell is flashing high salt, it is still producing chlorine.

There is a known issue of the ET showing 0 salt and the IC continuing to operate. Simplest thing is to ignore it. Unless you are under warranty, then file a claim with Pentair. You should have a 3 year warranty if all the Pentair equipment in your signature was installed at the same time.

Just wanted to update this in case anyone else is having a similar issue. The cell is still reporting 0 salt to the ET8. In order to file a claim with Pentair, I had to register all of my equipment which I got done yesterday. Within a few hours of the registration completion, I received a call from Pentair's warranty department. She informed me that there are no service technicians in my immediate area but if I was willing to do the work they would send me a new cell. I consider this to be excellent customer service and will update once I have received and replaced the cell as to whether or not the new cell resolves the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.