Easytouch programming with Heater

Jul 18, 2015
Zeeland MI
I should have a 266k BTU gas heater running by tomorrow. Just trying to get the programming right for it and have a couple questions.
1. I turned on the option for the pump being on during heater cool-down. How long does this option keep the pump on?
2. Is there something internally programmed to make sure the pump is on a certain speed when calling for heat? I am pretty sure the RPM set on my standard pool circuit is just a touch low. I can hear the relay clicking in the heater when its runs at this speed. I see an option for circuits thethat require high speed but where do I define what speed is high speed?
3. The heater I have is a Raypak 266k digital. Just to make sure I read the manual correctly I just need to hook up the 120 and the 2-wire "gas heater" connection on Easytouch to the fireman switch on the heater?

When the EasyTouch tells the heater to turn on, the pump will run at whatever speed you entered.. That is how it works for any circuit.. You could, if you wanted, have the pump run at a certain speed when the pool light is on.. Silly, I know, but used just to make a point that you can have a speed assigned to any circuit.

Here is a screen shot of my schedules.. You can see that (if you want) you can have a schedule that will tell the heater to come on and go to a specific temperature or you can just adjust the set point on the EasyTouch as you see fit..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.