EasyTouch programming logic?

Jul 18, 2015
Zeeland MI
Can someone tell me if I should be doing this differently?
I have a Intelliflo VS and I am trying to have a baseline speed set when the device is in pool mode with occasional boosts in flow.
I have a schedule for pool mode from 6am to midnight with one of the pump speeds set to the pool mode circuit. Then I have 2 features setup with higher speeds. These have their own schedules throughout the day which seems to override the default slow speed pool setting. However, when the higher speed feature schedule turns off it turns pool mode off too instead of it just continuing to run in pool mode (lower speed). Is something wrong with my logic?

Everything was ok right up to where you say it turns off the pool mode??? :scratch:

If the Pool mode is on from 6 am until midnight, then if you turn on a feature circuit at say 7 am until 8 am, the pump should speed up at 7 am and go back to the pool speed at 8 am..

Show me the following two ScreenLogic pages...

Which ET do you have? Does your ET have a load center with circuit breakers?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Well. I created another 5 minute higher speed schedule to test and it worked as intended. Weird. I may just keep an eye on it. Maybe the default system timer happened to turn it off at a coincidental time.
That leads me to another question. If I turn the pool mode off and back on manually it is my understanding that it will turn off in 12 hours no matter what my schedule says. How do you get the EasyTouch to get back in schedule mode?

I have an EasyTouch 4 with the load center. Screen logic has not been installed yet

Best to not interrupt schedules if you can... It really depends on when in the schedule you turn it on or off..

You can just hit the reset button on the ET panel and it just reboots everything. Just like rebooting your PC, it has no effect on the programming. Takes a few minutes, so you have to be patient.

You really need to get ScreenLogic installed.. It makes programming and using the ET 10 x easier... and more understandable..

Anytime you manually turn something on, it will run based upon the egg-timer which has a default of 12 hours. You can set the egg-timer to whatever you want, but it will count as a schedule and you only have 12 schedules. As an example.. I have a fill line that I have the egg-timer set to 1 hour. When I need to add water, I just turn it on and it turns off in one hour. This is not something that you would "schedule" as you never know exactly when you might need water..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. That ScreenLogic interface looks nice! Is that a PC application for it?
I was supposed to get it right away but the builder did not ship it with all my parts so I’m still waiting. It’s probably good that I lead a bit of the programming on the EasyTouch though.
Another side question for you. Is there an option on screenlogic to run something once on an egg timer on demand? Say i just want to run something for 12 minutes. Is that easy or do I have to create a new one time schedule?

My fill line is exactly what you are talking about. It only turns on by "demand" and shuts off after 1 hour automatically.. I think you have to work in 15 minutes increments.

I recommend that you program using a PC or Mac and not the phone.. The phone is great for turning things on/off but not so much for programming. You'll understand once you compare the PC screens with the phone screens..

Here is the screen to set up circuits.. You can see when looking at the whole page how "Circuit", "Circuit Name" and Circuit Function all tie together. Easy to see and easy to set up.

View media item 1964
Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.