easytouch need a 5th valve controller

RAH123

Apr 8, 2021
poway, ca
Hi I have the easytouch and am currently using 4 of the valve outputs (solar, spa, etc). Is there no easy way of expanding to a 5th valve? I saw a post about adding a relay but would prefer having an add-on board which it seems they sell for intellicenter. I have a new robot the Polaris Maxx and it seems to need me to run pump at 2900 rpm and all on robot return without any skimmer otherwise it won't climb the walls and get sufficient suction. So i'm thinking about adding a valve there. Does it seem reasonable to need to run at 2900 rpm for about 25gpm? Usually when i use the skimmer there is a lot less friction and i get about 28-30gpm at 2400 rpm which is typical.

I've also found that when i switch to robot suction instead of through skimmer, there was some air getting into the pump basket window. i disassembled each valve and replaced orings and also found the drain plug on the pump not tight so i tightened it. but when i run on robot only mode there seems to be air in the window and i'm not sure what is acceptable and expected and if i haven't fully gotten rid of all my return line leaks. THinking i have found them, makes me head towards adding a 5th valve which i'm pretty sure i need to do. I do like the polaris maxx it climbs the walls and cleans the waterline really well when i get the right rpm/gpm but that requires disabling skimmer and i'd rather not manually do this, thus the 5th valve discussion. I was going to see if two valves maybe are oppsites and could be combined with one valve output but haven't gotten into the details of that yet or if there is a valve output controller splitter etc. maybe wishful thinking, i haven't mapped out my valves to see if that would even be helpful. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you.

You cannot add a 5th actuated valve to an Easytouch directly. You would need to use a relay.

Your suction cleaner (not a robot) likely needs a higher rpm.