Easytouch kit selection?

Jun 19, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I'm trying to figure out what would be the best kit to purchase and I'm getting somewhat confused between the different choices. Here are the items that I plan to get.

Easytouch (I don't need more than 4 relays. No spa)
IC60
Screenlogic wireless.

I'm trying to find a kit that suits what I need for the best price. Where I'm getting confused is some kits include SL, some don't. Some have load center, some don't. Some include the SWG transformer, some don't.
Which way should I go?
Thanks

There should be an Easytouch/IC60 bundle that is usually the best deal. It will have the SWG transformer built in. You probably don't need a load center since this a retrofit. A load center is used as a pool breaker subpanel and pool automation all in one.

Another option might be a Suntouch.

There is the E/T, and there is the E/T PL4. Depending on how old your existing system is, you will either have a sub-panel at the equipment, or you won't. If you do have a S/P, and you wish to "clean up" the control system area, an E/T with the sub panel integrated into it would be the choice (520593). Of course this choice will cost more as you will need to have the breakers and wiring switched over. That particular E/T also has more features, including the integration of the iC40 so would naturally cost more than the E/T PL4 (522352) Which is not available with the iC40 integrated into it, but the power center (520556) and cell (520555), can be purchased separately and controlled through the PL4, or, can stand alone.

I would not recommend the SunTouch. The user interface is very frustrating and unfriendly to most. Unless you are interfacing with it on a regular basis, you will lose the "hang of it" easily. This is not only my opinion, but customer feedback as well.

I agree that the user interface on the Suntouch and Solartouch isn't all that intuitive. It took me a couple of years of programming (infrequently) with the manual in hand before I recalled enough about how it works to be able to program without the manual now.

Thanks for the replies! This is a new build so the load center would be nice. There is a kit that includes the IC60 but it's the 8 relay version and includes 2 actuators that I don't need. The descriptions of the kits makes it hard to determine if load center and SWG transformer are included.

If it includes the IC60 then the transformer will be included. Agreed, for new construction the load center is the way to go. Since you're in Canada I'm not sure the best place to shop. Inyo Pools and Sunplay are my fave online pool stores stateside. And they will be happy to help you get it configured the best way. As you've seen the possibilities are endless. :crazy: :)

Unless your pool will be in excess of 40,000 gal., i see no need to go with the iC60. The iC40 should work just fine. If you insist on the iC60, get the 520591, and external iC60 (520556 power center and 521105 iC60 cell), or get the 520593, and see if Pentair will substitute with higher capacity cell with price adjustment. With the E/T P/S8 with iC60 bundled, You will have to pay more, and with options you won't or can't use, just to get an iC60 bundle, that will make it cost in-effective.

Screen logic bundles ONLY with the PL series EasyTouch (No load center). And it is not an "integration" anyway there will be a transmitter mounted externally from the load center either way, that is if you don't use a hard wire from equipment to the home network.

Screen logic needed: 522104

Unless your pool will be in excess of 40,000 gal., i see no need to go with the iC60. The iC40 should work just fine. If you insist on the iC60, get the 520591, and external iC60 (520556 power center and 521105 iC60 cell), or get the 520593, and see if Pentair will substitute with higher capacity cell with price adjustment. With the E/T P/S8 with iC60 bundled, You will have to pay more, and with options you won't or can't use, just to get an iC60 bundle, that will make it cost in-effective.

Screen logic bundles ONLY with the PL series EasyTouch (No load center). And it is not an "integration" anyway there will be a transmitter mounted externally from the load center either way, that is if you don't use a hard wire to the home network.

Screen logic needed: 522104

Thanks! My pool will be around 37000 gal. Everything I've read says to get one size larger than you need. I'm at the limit of the IC40. I'll try find some local pricing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm looking to do Screenlogic and am in Canada. My dealer wants $900 for it. Looking for a good site that will ship to Canada cause I figure it shouldn't cost me more than $500 CDN. Prices here in Canada are crazy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.