Easytouch control panel with ic40 cell

Mishi34.mf

In The Industry
Apr 21, 2021
Cape coral fl
So I recently changed the ic40 cell with a new one because the old one had no lights on it and was 4yrs old. I hooked up new cell to easy touch control panel and the new cell also has no leds lighting up at all. I looked under chlorinator diagnostics but it reads" ok- no errors" my salt level is at 3400 when I checked with reagents but on easy touch it reads zero and like I said there is no lights on the ic40 cell

Welcome to the forum.

The Easytouch must be in Pool (or Spa) mode for the IC to operate. Is it?

The SWCG has a circuit breaker in the upper right of the ET panel.

I suspect the old cell is fine.

You have a wiring issue somewhere.

Reactions: Mishi34.mf
The IC simply plugs into the bottom of the ET as long as the ET was originally set up with the SWCG.

The fact your ET is showing (in the Diagnostics screen?) OK - No Errors and a salt level is odd.

M,

If the cell has no lights, it is not getting power..

To get power to the SWCG several things have to happen..

1. The pump/filter relay much be closed.. This happens when in the pool or spa mode and the pump is running or supposed to be running.

2.. The pump/filter relay should have constant AC power on the line side of the relay. When the relay closes this power comes out the load side of the relay.

3. The pump/filter relay sends the AC power to the SWCG transformer .. the transformer changes the high voltage (120 or 240 VAC) into about 24 VAC.

4. The 24 VAC from the transformer goes through the little SWCG circuit breaker on the main enclosure panel and then to the SWCG power supply card (Surge card).

5. The surge card coverts the 24 VAC into about 40 Volts DC..

6. This DC voltage is what is sent to the cell and makes the cell work and the light turn on.

Do you have a voltmeter??? If you have a voltmeter I can walk you through what to test..

I agree with Marty.. your old cell is most likely good..

I am assuming your EasyTouch has an Internal SWCG transformer and power supply... If you have an External power center, then most likely you popped the fuse..

Thanks,

Jim R.

M,

If the cell has no lights, it is not getting power..

To get power to the SWCG several things have to happen..

1. The pump/filter relay much be closed.. This happens when in the pool or spa mode and the pump is running or supposed to be running.

2.. The pump/filter relay should have constant AC power on the line side of the relay. When the relay closes this power comes out the load side of the relay.

3. The pump/filter relay sends the AC power to the SWCG transformer .. the transformer changes the high voltage (120 or 240 VAC) into about 24 VAC.

4. The 24 VAC from the transformer goes through the little SWCG circuit breaker on the main enclosure panel and then to the SWCG power supply card (Surge card).

5. The surge card coverts the 24 VAC into about 40 Volts DC..

6. This DC voltage is what is sent to the cell and makes the cell work and the light turn on.

Do you have a voltmeter??? If you have a voltmeter I can walk you through what to test..

I agree with Marty.. your old cell is most likely good..

I am assuming your EasyTouch has an Internal SWCG transformer and power supply... If you have an External power center, then most likely you popped the fuse..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim R.,
Do you mind sharing the walk-through for testing the EasyTouch w/ on-board SWCG power with me? My Intellichlor IC40 keeps tripping the little breaker too, and I'd like to isolate whether it's the power supply or cell (both approx. 6 yrs old) before springing for a replacement IC40.

Thanks!

Matt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.