Easytouch 8 with 6 glow bright lights and 1 300w inverter.

Oct 29, 2016
Henderson
So here is my setup (see photos) My question to you all is this: can I with the Easytouch have the lights on and allow them to each be set to different colors or to have some lights on and off in the pool/spa? The guy who setup the pool's elec said that I need to have another inverter to control the lights I want to run separate.

Can this be done? If so what am I missing?

cj,

As far as I know no pool lights use an inverter :confused: Could just be something new I am not familiar with...

Most pool lights use a transformer to step the 120 volts down to 12 volts or so... If this is what you are taking about, then you will need a separate transformer for each light (or group of lights) that you want to individually control. So if you want all the lights on at the same time and with the same color, then you only need one relay and one transformer... (To exaggerate..) if you wanted to individually control 8 lights, you would need 8 relays and 8 transformers...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

The lights (On/ Off and Colors) are controlled from the Easy Touch. Each light would need to be on a seperate circuit (power source).

So if you wanted to have the pool and spa lights on seperate controls (on/off and colors) you would need to have two circuit breakers in the ET panel- one for pool lights and one for spa lights.
Then each of those would need to be connected to separate ET relays.
After this you could then program the ET to control Pool light & Spa Light.

Maybe there are other ways but that is how I know to make it work.

Otherwise it all takes place inside your ET panel and not the transformers in that box.

ie. Transformer 1&2&3 Pool to Circuit Breaker Pool - to relay for Pool Lights
Transformer #4 to Circuit Breaker Spa - to relay for Spa Lights

How is the power from the house connected to them?

The power comes from the Easy touch Panel about 80 feet away.

- - - Updated - - -

The lights (On/ Off and Colors) are controlled from the Easy Touch. Each light would need to be on a seperate circuit (power source).

So if you wanted to have the pool and spa lights on seperate controls (on/off and colors) you would need to have two circuit breakers in the ET panel- one for pool lights and one for spa lights.
Then each of those would need to be connected to separate ET relays.
After this you could then program the ET to control Pool light & Spa Light.

Maybe there are other ways but that is how I know to make it work.

Otherwise it all takes place inside your ET panel and not the transformers in that box.

ie. Transformer 1&2&3 Pool to Circuit Breaker Pool - to relay for Pool Lights
Transformer #4 to Circuit Breaker Spa - to relay for Spa Lights

This would work but it's not very efficient. From the breaker run a jumper to each relay that will power a transformer. From the load side of the relay run a line to the transformer along with a ground and neutral.

That's why I used a large box to house the transformers... There are (9) 12g wires running to that thing and a gfi outlet

View attachment 74233

8 lights so there will be 4 pairs off different colors

ok question about your setup, who makes the transformers in your box and where can I get them?

The reason why I ask is this, I have a single 300W Powering all the lights in the pool and spa. Not understanding lighting and how the easytouch works, I thought the EasyTouch 8 would control all of the lights going through one power source. So knowing this is wrong, I bought four more 100W transformer (total 5) and what I’m going to have is five transformer boxes hanging on my wall.

I think it would be better for me to have all the transformers set up the way you do in a transformer farm inside of one single box. Is my thinking correct?

Any suggestion would help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.