EasyTouch 8 - valve programming

FTC3

Jul 7, 2012
Las Vegas
Hi, I've read the manual and watched many youtube videos without finding what I need.

I have a pool only, no spa. I have a 3-way valve going into the pump that switches from skimmer to wall suction (currently hooked to my suction creaper). I have installed the actuator on this valve.

I need help programming the following function for turning on my suction floor creeper on button 1 (right of F).
a. switch 3-way valve, change Intelliflo VS to 3,500 rpm

Also, how do I program my Intelliflo VS to run the different set speeds? I have programmed three different speeds in the pump menu however, I don't see how it knows which speed to run during my program schedule.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply Jim.

Sorry, I meant program the EasyTouch. I'm using the ET for all programming functions. I have ScreenLogic for my iphone but I'm not finding it any easier to use than the ET menu. I can't seem to find the program to download to my macbook. There doesn't seem to be a link on Pentair's website.

FTC,

Well I'm no help there, I have a regular windows PC and it works great there. I thought there was an Apple one also. Programming via phone is not user friendly.

Not sure I can even remember how to program via the display now that I'm spoiled.

Try this first and tell me how it works...

Under Settings, select IntelliFlo, then pump 1, then speeds.... you should see a page with 1/8 in the upper right corner.

1/8 is the first of the 8 speeds that you can assign to a circuit. Pushing the up/dn arrows allows you to move to 2/8 3/8 etc...

On each page you can enter the speed you want and then below that you will see a CIRCUIT.. you need to assign that wanted speed to an circuit name.

If you really want to use the button with the number 1, then the circuit is Aux1.

If this ET was installed by somebody else, they may have already used Aux 1???

Anyway, see if you can follow the above info. Pushing Aux 1 should then increase your pump speed.

Keep in mind that that the pump will go to the highest speed selected, so it you are telling the pump to run at 2,000 and then turn on Aux1 set of 1,500 the pump will continue to run at 2K..

Try that and let me know what blows up er.. I mean how it works... :p

Jim R.

Navigate to pentairpool.com, select support, under Tools, then Software, then bottom middle - Screen logic - or use this link to go directly there: https://www.pentairpool.com/en/support/tools/software%20downloads/_pages/screenlogic%20update Scroll down to step 2 and select the link for the Mac software.

Once you get that set up and connected to your protocol adapter, you'll find a "Configure Screenlogic" button. All the fun to make your life easier is under there. Once you get it installed, Jim and a few others are good here at guiding you on getting things configured. I'm decent with it, just takes me a little longer. Several will likely weigh in.

EDIT - to add, if your Protocol adapter is a year or two old you should also do step one and update the firmware in it as well.

Thank you for the link! For some reason, I only noticed the Windows version originally. I have updated the protocol adapter to the latest s/w too.

I must still be missing something? When I click the Aux1 button, nothing changes. Below are the screen captures of what I did. Do you see what I'm missing?

33942529664_96b1bf42e7_z.jpg

33942529734_c67981f091_z.jpg

33942529844_61a4e48091.jpg

33942529874_c7154c8cc3_z.jpg

I have the actuator plugged into Valve = Intake A. There is another A as well.

33942621854_82153f442c_z.jpg

I'll have to walk through it, the easiest thing to ask, although you've already confirmed, is that your valve is indeed plugged in to A and the second thing, if you move the manual switch on the valve does it change positions to the alternate position you want. If so leave it in the alternate position and then try to activate the button you're programmed.

Was going to ask - do you have a separate spa side remote? If not - that screen has no effect on the setup.

When you open your iphone app do you have the new button for "Cleaner" on the Pool page of the app?

I'm thinking you want to be plugged into the 3rd or 4th plug of those 4, Aux Valve A or B. The first two I believe are dedicated for if you have a spa and they control the pool/spa changing function.

Yes, the valve will change positions if I manually toggle the switch. Thank you for the suggestion. Let me power down and try changing the position of the actuator plug into the AUX A port.

Also, I don't have a spa remote or a spa.

FTC,

On Step four of five you have yet to assign a speed to "cleaner"

I would also change the circuit function to generic.. I think "floor cleaner" is for an in-floor system and does some unwanted pulse action that you don't want or need.

You also have two speeds set up for "Pool" which does not make sense... Each line has to be different otherwise how would the system know the difference between your first "pool" and your second "pool"

Here is a screen capture of mine or at least it was at one time...

Jim R.

If you don't have a remote than you don't need anything on that page...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FTC,

What happens when you push the Aux1 button on the panel? Anything?

You have selected that the pump stop during valve rotation, so I would assume that when you push Aux 1 the pump should stop, and then the valve should move, and then the pump starts again.

What, if anything is happening?

Another thing you could try is changing the name "Cleaner" to Aux1. I don't have a cleaner so there may be something special about delays or ??? that I don't know about.

Jim R.

FTC,

You have selected that the pump stop during valve rotation, so I would assume that when you push Aux 1 the pump should stop, and then the valve should move, and then the pump starts again.

Another thing you could try is changing the name "Cleaner" to Aux1. I don't have a cleaner so there may be something special about delays or ??? that I don't know about.

Jim R.

I can confirm that the Master Cleaner and perhaps all "Cleaner" circuits have a 5 minute delay built in. You select it and it won't come on for 5 minutes. At the panel you can cancel that delay in one of the top level menus or wait 5 minutes.

At a minimum the pump shoul shut off as Jim mentions and if anything is working then you should also get a different pump speed.

I can confirm that the Master Cleaner and perhaps all "Cleaner" circuits have a 5 minute delay built in. You select it and it won't come on for 5 minutes. At the panel you can cancel that delay in one of the top level menus or wait 5 minutes.

At a minimum the pump shoul shut off as Jim mentions and if anything is working then you should also get a different pump speed.

Sorry. I was referring to the Circuit Function and you now have that set to Generic which should be correct.

OK - we're going to get this kicked. I finally sat down to look at my setup. While the Aux might work - For my valve control I'm set up on the "Features". So you've set up your Valve already, but In (Step 2 of 5) look for that at the top of the set up screen Clear what you did on Aux1 - change the circuit name back to Aux1, then go down the page to Feature 1 - Assign the name that you gave the valve on the next screen. The circuit name is still Generic and you can choose which screen to show it on.

You also have Chlorniator and Intellichem checked in your set up on (Step 3 of 5) page. If you don't have those I would uncheck them.

On (Step 4 of 5) page select the Circuit name and give it the pump speed you want to use. Page on through and select Finish.

You don't need to use the Aux1 button because that actually controls a 120/240 relay in the bottom half of the control panel. That is the reason for making this a "Feature" circuit - you don't have anything other than the valve and the pump speed you are trying to control.

If this still doesn't work - on the (Step 3 of 5) page change the valve from A to B, just in case it is plugged into the other location. You know it is plugged into one of them properly or it wouldn't rotate when you flip the switch on the back of it.

GDN,

I too would use a feature circuit, but I believe he wanted to be able to push a button on the control panel to operate the cleaner.

Personally, I never touch my control panel anymore except to put the panel in the Service Mode for maintenance. I do everything from my PC.

But, if he wants to use the Aux1 button, he has to program the Aux1 circuit and just waste a relay..

Jim R.

Is the ET panel new? You noted earlier you had set speeds up on the pump from the pump control pad. If the ET panel is communicating with and controlling the pump, the pump display will change to "Display not active" or something like that and you won't be able to do any local pump control, it'll only be controlled from the ET panel or Screen logic. If you still have local control of the pump and you are not in service mode on the ET panel, you may not be connected to the pump correctly.

There is no change from hitting the Aux1. The pump continues at the same speed.

FTC,

Nothing happens when I push the button. The pump speed doesn't change and the valve doesn't move.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there an easier way to set a function to activate the valve and schedule it? At this point, I'm not worried about changing the pump speed. If I could just get the valve actuator to turn on a schedule, I would be happy.

Jimrahbe, GDN - I really appreciate your help!

-Freddie

Freddie,

Something is just not right.. It really is dirt simple, so we must be missing something... Even if nothing is programmed, pushing a button should turn on a relay and you should hear a "thunk"

So let's try this...

On page 2 of 5 in the configuration/set up program, select Feature 1... Change "Not Used" to Feature 1, Generic. Set ScreenLogic Display to "Show on whatever page you want the icon to show on" For now try "Pool"

On the next page next to Valve A, select Feature 1 and uncheck the "turn off the pump during rotation" box.

On the next page, change "Cleaner" to Feature 1 next to your 2000 RPM box.

Hit finish and then close the configurator and bring ScreenLogic back up.

On the Pool section should be an icon that says Feature 1... Clicking this icon will change the pump speed and turn the valve.

If this does not work, you have some other issue.. Might want to make sure all the relays are plugged into the PCB and that none of the circuit breaker in the upper right corner of the panel are not popped.

Keep in mind this might take a minute to happen, the pump will increase speed in increments and the valves turn slowly.

If this does not work, you'll just have to fly me out to Lost Wages.. :p

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.