Easytouch 8 Programing help (Mode Hierarchy?)

Mfama417

Jun 29, 2020
New york
Hi All,

Just had my pool renovated and all my equipment redone with an EasyTouch 8 pool and spa panel (do not have a spa though) with screenlogic. My current equipment is an intelliflo VS, raypak heatpump and hayward sand filter. I have no electronic valves and only a pool. I currently have the Pump scheduled to run from 9am to 10pm at 1750 rpm and the heater set a low temperature during that time. I would like to setup a program that is sort of a manual override that I could press that would allow the system to run on a slightly higher speed with the heater set to a higher point if say my wife wanted to swim the next day and i wanted it to be a little warmer and run overnight. I'm racking my brain around how to do this as if i'm understanding correctly the schedule that is programed for pool will always take over the pump. Can someone help me figure out how to program a sort of "heat boost" program to run for like 12 hours or something everytime i press a button?

M,

The simplest thing to do is just put the pool into the Spa mode.. Since you have no spa or valves, the only thing that will change is the set point for the heater and the pump speed..

The EasyTouch has no idea if you have a Spa or not, it will just heat the water based upon the spa set point and the pump will run at whatever speed you set for the Spa circuit.

You would have the following screen with two heat set points.. One for the Pool, and one of the non-existing Spa. When your wife want to do her thing all she has to do is push the spa icon or button.

Thanks,

Jim R.

M,

Not really sure.. I suspect that the Spa mode will just run until the egg-timer times out.

But, I hardly ever turn anything on manually, so I have not tried it..

If I were in your "pool flippers" I'd experiment around.. You can't hurt it.

The best thing would be when you are done for the day is to just put it back into the Pool mode.

As a note.. you don't normally "turn off" the Pool or Spa mode.. If you are in the Pool mode, you just turn on the Spa mode, which automatically turns off the Pool mode. If you are in the Spa mode, you just turn on the Pool mode and that automatically shuts off the Spa. If you are in the Spa mode and push the Green Spa icon in ScreenLogic, it will sometimes just turn off the Spa and never turn on the Pool.. You then have to reboot or wait 12 to 24 hours for things to get back into shape.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.