EasyTouch 4 w/ waterfall and auto cover.

wtxpoolguy

In The Industry
Nov 15, 2022
Lubbock, TX
What is the best way to install the auxiliary pump for the waterfall in an EasyTouch 4 panel? My concern is if I install it on one of the Aux relays, the customer could accidentally turn on the waterfall, through the ScreenLogic app, with the cover still closed and flood his cover. On the other hand, the reason he wanted the EasyTouch was to avoid physically working with the equipment.

w,

The EasyTouch does not have any auto-cover functions, so as built, it cannot tell if the cover is open or closed.

About the only thing you can do is a local hack where you wire the control voltage for the waterfall's aux relay through the auto-covers open/closed contacts.

Not sure about your specific auto-cover, but most have a circuit, or contacts, that tell external devices that the cover is open or closed.

The main problem of course is that it might be almost impossible to get wires from the auto-cover to the automation. If that is an issue, you might be able to come up with a Wi-Fi switch of some kind.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Not sure about your specific auto-cover, but most have a circuit, or contacts, that tell external devices that the cover is open or closed.

The cover sensor is usually an optional piece of equipment. So if it was not speced in the cover installation it is probably not there.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
w,

The EasyTouch does not have any auto-cover functions, so as built, it cannot tell if the cover is open or closed.

About the only thing you can do is a local hack where you wire the control voltage for the waterfall's aux relay through the auto-covers open/closed contacts.

The main problem of course is that it might be almost impossible to get wires from the auto-cover to the automation. If that is an issue, you might be able to come up with a Wi-Fi switch of some kind.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the input Jim. I'll see what my electrician can do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.