Easy Touch Upgrade

mworswick

Jun 25, 2018
Dallas, TX
My old Compool CP3400 died and I am looking into replacing it. I am looking into the Easy Touch 8 circuit version. I only have limited items on the existing unit. Heater, light and pump.
I was considering the wireless but then I came across the ScreenLogic which has wireless capabilities. Upgrading to Easy touch seems painless until programming.

Replace CP3400 with easytouch. ( I dont need transformer)
Install Easy Touch indoor 8 circuit controller
Then install Screen Logic controls.

I think that will work. My question is do I have to put in control panel if I have screen logic?

Then what other upgrade or other things I can do to the pool? It is really just a plan jane kidney shaped volleyball pool.

Mike

Mike,

We have several members here on TFP that have upgraded from the Compool to the EasyTouch without much of an issue..

If you currently have an wireless indoor control panel, I'm pretty sure that it will not work with the EasyTouch.

I suggest that you get the upgrade kit and just ScreenLogic... If you decide that you really need an indoor panel you can add a new one later.

All I have is my PC, tablet and phone... I use my PC 99% of the time and it works great. In fact, I always recommend initially using the PC because it is much easier to program and understand what is going on.. After you have an idea how the system works, then using the tablet and/or phone makes more sense.

Programming via ScreenLogic is about 10 x easier and than trying to use the little 3" display.

Use the search box in the upper right corner of the screen and search for Compool upgrade kit...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.