Easy Touch how to turn light on without turning pump on?

Mar 14, 2016
Roswell
I would like to turn my pool pump off at night but leave the pool light on. I have the Pool schedule set from 9am to 10pm but want to leave the light until midnight without having the pump run. The light schedule works but the pump stays on with the light schedule. Any suggestions? I have the EasyTouch controller with screenlogic.

Shocked,

What I see shows it should work just like you want. So I am puzzled??

Looks like you have a "lite" version of the EasyTouch..

Show me you egg-timers and any run-once schedules..

View media item 1966
Either you have too many programs.. Your lite version can only have a max of 4 schedule/egg-timers/run-once commands. Or you have something mis-wired in the relays.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Seems the filter relay always comes on with Pool.

Shocked,

That is how it should work... But when you schedule pool from 11 am until 7 pm, the pump and the relay should be shut off any other time.. The light should have nothing to do with it.

If your egg-timers look ok, we can look at your wiring.. I would not change anything yet..

Go ahead and show me a pic of your relays...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Shocked,

That all looks great.. It pretty much has to be a wiring problem..

When you get a chance, show me a pic or two of the relays and wiring.

Did you install the EasyTouch or a pool builder??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I installed it. It is pretty simple set-up. The first relay is labeled filter relay, connected to filter relay connector on circuit board and I have both legs of 220 going from that relay to my pump. Second relay is connected to Aux 1 connector on the circuit board and it has 120V going to light. I will take a picture when it gets light out tomorrow. I just tested and I turned the pool off in screenlogic (which stops the pump) and the light stayed on. I turned the light off and on and the pool (pump) did not turn on which is how I would expect. I just programed the light schedule today - Perhaps it needs to run a full schedule cycle? I will check it again tomorrow to see if the pump turns off.

Shocked,

Depending on when a scheduled item is manually turned on or off, it can take 12 hours for the EasyTouch to reset and start scheduling on its own..

What you say you did looks ok to me, so let's see what happens tomorrow.

Just to be clear, you can only have 4 schedules total, including any egg-timers not set to the default of 12 hours.. It does not matter how many empty relays you have left.. For example. If you scheduled your Pool Circuit to run an hour 4 times a day.. you will have used all 4 of your schedules.. I say this because ScreenLogic will let you set up a bazillion schedules, but only 4 of them will work... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.