Eastern PA region - when do you open?

Talked to PB yesterday. Was really hoping to open the week of the 23rd because my husband is off from work currently from having a disc replacement surgery. But his crew doesn't start up until April. So beginning of April it! DH (and hopefully me) will take a few hours off to be there and observe what all happens.

will take a few hours off to be there and observe what all happens
It’s pretty much in reverse, but opening is easier than closing. It’s easier to undo the cover than it is to get it tight and It’s easier to blow water into the plumbing and not out of. Maybe down the road after years of use you will find problems or equipment issues while opening, but for now it should be easy peasy.

We weren't there when it was closed - and honestly, I feel like everything in the build weeks was a blur now. I feel lost and not in control, but keep reminding myself that TFP is here and all I have to do is search the forums and then I'll figure it out!

Reactions: JW1
I'm getting there! I know once we are actually opening and are physically doing all the things I read about, it will help. ?

I’m scheduled for April 6th but this weather has me wanting to pull the date in closer ?
Do it!!! :) was in my pool all day today. I like it around 90. When I was scrubbing the pool cover on my driveway last week, everyone walking by was like whoa that’s early lol. I’m so ahead this year I even cut the grass. Love it!

I’m scheduled for April 6th but this weather has me wanting to pull the date in closer ?
Do it! Everyone else is! You don’t want to be “that guy”. Lol

I’m in spring mode here. I’m digging in my French drain. I’m going out tomorrow to see if places are bringing in topsoil yet. I have some pavers we have to fix. I got some weirdness in one area. The bad didn’t settle and I know pool didn’t move so we have to see. I already started de winterizing my pool house.

I'm so annoyed that this pandemic couldn't wait a bit for warmer weather. If I am stuck working from home AND having my kids home, at least I could be out sitting poolside with my laptop! LOL Just kidding of course...

But yeah, totally jelly of you having your pool open, Yosh!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm so annoyed that this pandemic couldn't wait a bit for warmer weather
You are in LUCK sis !!!! It ain’t goin anywhere so we will be doing this then also. They are hoping the virus dies down in the warmer weather like the rest do, But being new, they still don’t know for sure.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
They just upgraded weekend temps for us. Keeps going up. I suspect we will not see freezing temps this weekend. Really I am just waiting for 2 days in a row with no rain forecast since I let my mesh cover sit and dry before bringing it in for the summer. Don't want to put it away wet. I will peak under today and take a temp reading.

Gosh I hope so. Friday is supposed to be 76 (!!!!!!). Sat and Sun are highs/lows at 46/27. That's ridiculous.
Or it's just spring!

I am opening March 28th unless it's rainy/snowy that day/weekend.

I just tested my water but this time I mixed it up first with the leak rake. It came back at 49. So I am good a little longer.

I'm just grumpy and sarcastic and going stir crazy. Haha!
I keep thinking about this myself. Imagine if we actually had a winter this year and had been trapped in the house at 20 below for a month or 3 ??? Most days were 50 Degrees or more and we got out plenty, yet it still feels like we are prisoners locked inside.

Reactions: thefloatqueen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.