easing up on checking pool in winter?

outdoorsgal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I know there's a list of daily things to do for the pool on TFP site but I'm wondering if folks give themselves some slack in the wintertime, for those of us who don't close up our pools. I know I've paid for that more than once and it is more of a risk for folks with high calcium if we aren't diligent daily but I'd like to know, how diligent r other folks with high calcium? I guess I'm more looking for responses from those who are able to maintain their pool without having to SLAM it every year. Those with high calcium who rarely have to clean their cells r even more impressive but any middle of the road folks who clean their cell every 3 mths or so and keep their pool crystal clear while not checking everything quite every day (at least in the winter)? I've been tempted to just refill my water more than once because no matter how much I wish I was, I'm not at good daily maintenance. thx!

With a SWG and good record keeping, you should be able to get down to weekly testing during spring and autumn. Winter maybe every two weeks or a bit longer. During swim season a couple of times a week will usually get it done. You have to put some time into getting it right first (for example by lowering TA), but that sort of frequency will work. The calcium level doesn't move quickly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.