Central NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
I searched and don’t see this topic...anyone ever suspended a block of dry ice in a float on a calm evening to make some fog over the pool water. Seems like a fun idea if it won’t do anything crazy to the water.

My wife had a project where she was using dry ice and we tossed some in. Always cool. The only takeaway was that dry ice is nowhere near as available as it used to be.
I think a local grocery store still carries it. And I assumed floating it would be best to make sure it doesn’t contact the liner and freeze it and cause a problem.

The addition of CO2 to the water lowers pH but then the subsequent outgassing of the CO2 raises pH. So depending on how much you add and how much dissolves, the pH may temporarily drop. Your thought to suspend it is a good idea because you don’t want something that cold sitting against the liner. Dry ice sinks in water.

The addition of CO2 to the water lowers pH but then the subsequent outgassing of the CO2 raises pH. So depending on how much you add and how much dissolves, the pH may temporarily drop. Your thought to suspend it is a good idea because you don’t want something that cold sitting against the liner. Dry ice sinks in water.
Awesome. Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.