Water behind stones

KS5201

Sep 6, 2023
Lighthouse2@
Not having much with getting anyone out to look at our issue so I’m holding out hope someone here has had a similar experience. The top stone was dislodged two weeks and pulled away from the mortar joint. In between it happening and getting put back we had some really heavy rain. We aren’t losing any water from the pool or the spa BUT there now seems to be a constant drip from directly below the piece that disconnected. It’s been a week now that it’s been dripping. It doesn’t increase or decrease when the pump is on or off. If I suction with a shop vac I can pull a bit of water, weirdly more over the last few days than when it started. Is it absolutely crazy to think there has been water accumulating through the very small mortar cracks and crevices over the last two years and it’s finally found it’s way out through this pin hole?? Is filling and sealing the hole a bad idea? Will not releasing the water in there cause bigger issues over time? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_6506.jpeg
    IMG_6506.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6544.jpeg
    IMG_6544.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 5
Its surprising that you aren’t losing spa water- you may be just not noticing due to the settings.
Isolate the spa from the pool to be sure.
If you’re unsure of how post pics of your equipment & valves for guidance.
Any thing loose or cracks in your spa?

I agree, it’s super strange. The water line stays right at the overflow tile when the pump is off. There aren’t any obvious cracks inside or any bubbles indicating there’s a leak either. I’ve been watching the water levels since I noticed this. Bucket test and all with no noticeable leaks. Doesn’t make sense at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.