LGLDSR73

Jun 26, 2019
Boston
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had to add some Dry Acid to get the pH down. T/A, FC, CYA and other parameters were within TFP's spec. It dawned on me if adding the Dry Acid would have any impact on the level of FC?

I know the preference appears to be the use of Muriatic Acid. I've been told this is not really suitable for vinyl pools. Any feedback on that much appreciated.

Outstanding forum here, really is. Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks,

Skip

-------------
Intex 18 x 9 x 52" UltraFrame, Rectangular, ~4750 gal.
Hayward Sandfilter, Model T166
Sunlight hits pool from Sunup to Sundown

From Recommended Pool Chemicals - Trouble Free Pool

It is best to use muriatic acid if you have a SWG. If you don’t have a SWG, and handling muriatic acid bothers you, you can use dry acid.

That said I have never heard of a problem using MA in vinyl pools.

Adding acid in either form has no effect on the FC.

Dry acid is fine to use with a vinyl pool that doesn't have a SWG. But Muriatic Acid works faster and is more predictable. I believe it may be cheaper too? Just stand upwind from it and you'll have no problems.

Maddie :flower:

Dry acid is fine to use with a vinyl pool that doesn't have a SWG. But Muriatic Acid works faster and is more predictable. I believe it may be cheaper too? Just stand upwind from it and you'll have no problems.

Maddie :flower:
I will try the muriatic acid. I assume it's safe to swim when the pH level is within a safe range? I.e., no extended wait time?

Again, thanks!

Skip

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.