Macedonia IA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Got a brand-spanking new Intex Prism Frame 15' x 48" pool and set it up yesterday after spending all afternoon Sunday trying to level to ground it's on. Started filling it, looked great! Water was crystal clear and icy cold coming out of my well, got up to about 6 - 8 inches started, then ran into town to pick up horse feed and groceries. When we got back a few hours later, the pool was more than half full.... of dirty water. We'd reached the bottom of the well water, and the sediment is now in my pool. We shut off the water at about 3/4 full to let the well pump rest over night and see if the water would settle any.

I would not have even bothered with putting a pool up in the first place, but I had knee surgery last year (about 7 months ago) and the physical therapy exercises I did in last year's pool (which had to be thrown out due to multiple issues- it was too damaged) really helped me build up strength prior to my surgery. All winter and spring, ever since my surgery, I have been anxious to get my pool up so I can get back to doing my physical therapy... and now this.

We've not added any chemicals to the water yet in case we can't actually get it all the way full. The water is coming out of the hose somewhat less cloudy/dirty than yesterday so we're thinking... finish filling it and see if the pump can clear it out. My train of thought is that's what the pump is for, right? Filtering crud out of the water.... maybe some flocculant and vacuuming cycles would help as well.

Is this water salvageable? It did rain yesterday so we're hoping the well isn't 100% dry, just needed time to catch up with the usage burden we strained it with by trying to fill the pool. CH is 300, ph is 7.0, TA is 270, water is 62 degrees [brr!] and sat index is -0.1. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• sad state of things.jpg
    sad state of things.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Get some chlorine in there and a way to circulate and mix Chlorine in it if it’s too low for the filter to work. Definitely don’t want it to sit and turn green!

Get some chlorine in there and a way to circulate and mix Chlorine in it if it’s too low for the filter to work. Definitely don’t want it to sit and turn green!
The well seems to have recovered somewhat overnight, so we were able to fill the pool the rest of the way and get the sand filter & pump running, and we did add chlorine... now we wait. So far the water does seem slightly less murky but I imagine it might take at least a few days to see results. Thank you for replying! :)

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.