New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I travel a lot for work and pool remains on full automation; however, during two rain storms last season the water level almost overflowed which would likely have caused damage to pavers, liner, etc. Luckily I caught it on the camera and was able to get a family member to place the multiport into waste mode and evacuate some water. Because my pool is higher than my pool pad, I thought about putting an automated valve on the skimmer line so that it it happens again, I can just remotely open the valve and the water would drop to level of the skimmer. Any thoughts on this? I know it’s not foolproof but likely the best option. Power rarely goes out and backup generator would resolve that if it did.

I don't even think it has to be automated. You could probably drill and install an overflow line at a predetermined height in the skimmer and it will just flow-out automatically.
But that would require that I break up the new paver patio and the concrete beneath it. Yes, I should have thought of this before I did that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.