Drive Error. Pump has stalled

If that EcoStar is 9 yrs old, Hayward might want to get it from you to put into their museum for a near record of longevity

Hayward at the point is out of the picture. Call around to your nbors and ask them do they fully trust their pool repair personnel. Get 2-3 reliable names and ask for bids on the tristar 2.7HP. Also, since you do not have automation, there are much less costly VS pumps in the mid tier that you could examine. Again, contact nbors to see:

What VS pumps do they have ?**
How old and have they performed well?
How has parts & service been over 3-5 yrs?

** Do they have automation, and if so, they’re locked into one brand only, you are not.

On bleach adding, get your water up to 5ppm CL. Use whatever amt you need to achieve that value

Hayward TriStar VS.
I have decided to just buy a new pump since this one is quite old. no point in repairing it and going through the hassle.

There seems to be several different models for Hayward Tristar VS. Which one should I get? Where should I get it from? Will I need to order any accessories with it? Should it be an easy install? I called local pool store and they are asking $300 to install it.
I was able to disconnect my existing Ecostar with the exception of power. I still have to figure out how to get that part out. Any suggestions?

I have decided to just buy a new pump since this one is quite old. no point in repairing it and going through the hassle.

There seems to be several different models for Hayward Tristar VS. Which one should I get? Where should I get it from? Will I need to order any accessories with it? Should it be an easy install? I called local pool store and they are asking $300 to install it.
I was able to disconnect my existing Ecostar with the exception of power. I still have to figure out how to get that part out. Any suggestions?
Tristar 2.7HP bc your ecostar was 2.7...the other tristar is 1.85hp, too small

Accessories: Maybe some new O-rings for your pumps unions. Since you are going from eco to tristar, the piping/unions will all be the same.

If you are going to have the tristar installed, then let the installer remove the last portion of the ecostar...the installer should run some new wiring and not use the old wiring. Unless the wire was run long and they terminate new ends and wiring has very good integrity. You just cannot see what's in the conduit.

$300 install w all parts and labor warranty for 3 yrs isn;t bad

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.