Draining the pool & Algae removal...

vegasvec

Oct 10, 2010
Hello,

I am new to this forum, and I am glad to have found it! It looks like a great resource!

I have had my pool 3 years now and I am battling high calcium levels along with mustard algae. The average life of pool water here in Las Vegas is approximately 3 years. So instead of fighting the algae problem, I am hoping I can drain the pool and battle it with no water.

Is there anything special I need to do when draining the water, to remove the algae? will the dry air end up killing it? I am expecting to get in the pool with a pressure washer and wash everything, lights, equipment, etc.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Gary

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Welcome to TFP.

The pressure washer with some chlorine in it will take care of it. I wouldn't recommend using it on a vinyl liner.

If you'd rather not drain the water, R/O (reverse osmosis) treatment might be available in your area. It's worth checking into.

vegasvec

Oct 10, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I have an in ground plaster pool with pebblesheen finish. So no vinyl to worry about. Hooking up a power washer with chlorine is a good idea.

G

Vegasvec, talk to simicrintz, he will be in Las Vegas next week. He might be able to help you!

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
M Swimming Pool Start-up and Closing 7
JoyfulNoise The Deep End... 15
D Testing and Balancing Your Water 6

Other Threads of Interest