San Ramon, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
9523a2a18a75a805735d576f60d639e3.jpg

Still figuring out my pool equipment.

If I wanted to drain my pool/vacuum to waste I would just need to attach a hose to the faucet and run it out to the street?

I just filled my pool to raise it up to half the skimmer opening a few days ago. Now it's down again a half inch. Is that normal? It has not been to hot in the SF Bay Area at all this week. I am sure that there is some sort of a drain that doesn't allow your pool to overflow. If yes where would I find that?

Thanks for any advice.

That is not really there to allow vacuum to waste, most of the water would still go into your filter. It can be used to drain off a little water though.

Not all pools have overflow drains. My 2 have not.

So how would I go about draining my pool? I want to lower my CYA since it is over a 100. Could I use the faucet to drain the pool a little at a time add more water then drain it again? Or Should I just buy a submersible pump and pump out the water?

J,

I agree with sandman, the best way is to buy, or rent, a submersible pump. Using your pool pump can become difficult unless you have a way to turn off the skimmer(s) and select just the main drain.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.