Draining pool for a remodel - Is temperature an issue?

UtahSunSplash

May 6, 2020
Salt Lake
Hi TFP, As the title says I'm looking at draining my pool this year to redo the plaster/tile/coping and pool deck. I've never drained it before, so of course, I'm nervous about screwing things up.

The wife wants the work to start in April, but we'll usually only have highs in the mid 60's by that time of year. Is that going to be OK?

Are you in an area of SLC that has ground water? Since you are replacing the plaster, your biggest issue is floating the pool shell.

If the water table is at 103 ft, I doubt you will have issues.

I was more implying if you were along the Jordan River or other creeks that come in from the east.

If the water table is at 103 ft, I doubt you will have issues.

I was more implying if you were along the Jordan River or other creeks that come in from the east.
No, I'm not near the river or any creek. And I know the homeowner previously had it drained and re-plastered decades ago, but thanks for bringing it up. I'm going to check when that work was done the last time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.