Draining a pool with steps

ulphen

May 10, 2022
Sweden
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I am converting my pool from baquacil to chlorine and because of that I am thinking of doing a partial drain to get the phmb levels down before I start. On one shortside of the pool I got four steps down into the pool. Is there anyone who knows if there are any risks with that. When the pool was build they put weights on the steps to hold the liner down. Is this something I also need to do when I drain?

We suggest one only drains down to about 12-18 inches in the shallow end. This acts to protect the liner from shifting out of position.
Yes, there will still be a minimal amount of Bacqua in the water, but it will help you enormously when you go to transition.
Have you read the procedure for that?

Maddie 🇺🇦

Thanks for your reply. I have no shallow end in my pool but on one side there is a stair with 4 steps witch I am wondering if there is any risk with?

And yes I have read about the procedure and wants to get the baqua level down before I begin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.