Drained and refilled pool

Aug 25, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I drained and refilled my pool two weeks ago to fix an astronomically high CH. Here are my most recent test results. I know some parameters are off, but I can’t help notice my CSI is borderline perfect. Should I let it be? Or should I fix my CH, TA, and PH. My fill-water CH is about 50 because it is plumbed into whole-house water softener. Thx.

Attachments

• 18D4EB94-096D-4C33-B724-BE377AD37F5B.jpeg
    18D4EB94-096D-4C33-B724-BE377AD37F5B.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 16
Up your FC, up your CH to 200-250; lower pH to 7.8, don’t do anything special for TA.

Raising CH and lowering pH should offset on CSI.

hiya.... so I played around with PoolMath using your numbers and see that as soon as the temp gets up to 75, you'll be great with CSI. EXCEPT- your CH needs to be upped a touch (like to 350 if the pool ONLY gets softened water, to say 200 if unsoftened knowing it will rise) and you can drop your pH down to about 7.6 to compensate. Look at the old PoolMath page if you want to play around with the numbers easily-
PoolMath

Also please add some FC to bring it up to about 5ppm.

Raise your CH as Maddie stated.

Your TA is currently high. Your fill water will continue to add TA (your water softener does nothing for TA). You will always need acid additions to lower your TA and pH.

Reactions: jeremy1979
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.