Drain pool or chem treat?

It's frustrating as all get out........but it didn't happen in a day, and it won't be fixed in a day either. You are helping it a little until the kit comes and after it does we can go all in. And THAT will take time too. But we got you !!

Questions for the experts. Is there any downside to dumping a bunch of chlorine in there between now and when the kit comes? Thinking something like 4 gallons of chlorine would at least get the water clear or close to it. I understand, without knowing the CYA, it could be less effective than desired, but would there be any harm?

It's frustrating as all get out........but it didn't happen in a day, and it won't be fixed in a day either. You are helping it a little until the kit comes and after it does we can go all in. And THAT will take time too. But we got you !!
Time as in a few weeks?😅 my sons birthday party and daughters baby shower is the first week of June. The pool was the main attraction 😬

Reactions: markayash
Time as in a few weeks?😅 my sons birthday party and daughters baby shower is the first week of June. The pool was the main attraction 😬
No worries, just stick with us and we’ll get you ready for the double party... and congrats on your new grandbaby!

Reactions: Newdude and kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Be cautious using a rake as you said you rake up the solids. Wouldn't want to accidentally gouge that liner, ok??

Your pool will clear up nicely with attention. We've seen and helped folks who start out with black muck and trees growing in their pools- I swear to God! Your pool looks pristine compared to some.

Go check Walmart's pool section for Pool Essentials 10% Liquid Chlorine @ $3.74 for a full gallon. Its stronger than "bleach". The foaming you see could be from using Clorox brand bleach. We avoid that as the "Cloramax Technology" adds junk to your pool you don't want. Either use plain, unscented, unthickened, unadulterated bleach (usually the store brand stuff) or the stronger Liquid Chlorine.

Maddie :flower:
p.s. Thank you for your service HoooAh!

Reactions: qsmith3741
Your pool will be ready weeks before your big events. Once the kit arrives and the SLAM starts it's going to be on like Donkey Kong!

Reactions: qsmith3741
Be cautious using a rake as you said you rake up the solids. Wouldn't want to accidentally gouge that liner, ok??

Your pool will clear up nicely with attention. We've seen and helped folks who start out with black muck and trees growing in their pools- I swear to God! Your pool looks pristine compared to some.

Go check Walmart's pool section for Pool Essentials 10% Liquid Chlorine @ $3.74 for a full gallon. Its stronger than "bleach". The foaming you see could be from using Clorox brand bleach. We avoid that as the "Cloramax Technology" adds junk to your pool you don't want. Either use plain, unscented, unthickened, unadulterated bleach (usually the store brand stuff) or the stronger Liquid Chlorine.

Maddie :flower:
p.s. Thank you for your service HoooAh!
Thank you for your support! I am currently using the pool essentials from Walmart. In Fact, that’s all I’ve used since I created this thread. Thank you for your information!!:D

Reactions: Newdude
No but we are living in unprecedented times. If you got the shipping confirmation email, then it’s all up to the carrier.

Can you track it to verify it’s going in the right direction and not to North Dakota ?

No but we are living in unprecedented times. If you got the shipping confirmation email, then it’s all up to the carrier.

Can you track it to verify it’s going in the right direction and not to North Dakota ?
What’s this mean?

Attachments

• 86E5F1A3-4AF5-4F9F-B775-C8DD2129A6FC.jpeg
    86E5F1A3-4AF5-4F9F-B775-C8DD2129A6FC.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 56
Call them and find out. Maybe the package got flagged as hazardous or some other similar screw up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.