Drain pipes - in concrete or in ground underneath

Petermet

Mar 13, 2022
Bali
My pool is being built in Indonesia - which has very different construction processes.

I have 2 linked floor drains. They make the pool levels with a thin layer of concrete and then pour reinforced concrete to 6 inches.
My pipes are 2 inches.

Is it ok for the pipes to be on top of the leveling concrete and within the 6 inches of reinforced concrete or should be be below the leveling concrete in the ground and backfilled with sand?

To make sure we understand each other, it should be something like this:

1. Pool shape dug and formed in ground
2. Plumbing PVC placed
3. Rebar support and preparade before gunite/concrete
4. Gunite/concrete installed
5. Final surface (plaster coloring, pebble, etc) installed.

See this thread as an example.

My pool is being built in Indonesia - which has very different construction processes.

I have 2 linked floor drains. They make the pool levels with a thin layer of concrete and then pour reinforced concrete to 6 inches.
My pipes are 2 inches.

Is it ok for the pipes to be on top of the leveling concrete and within the 6 inches of reinforced concrete or should be be below the leveling concrete in the ground and backfilled with sand?
I don’t think you want pipes embedded within the 6” reinforced concrete, except to penetrate tmatraight through it for returns or suction. It’s difficult to understand what you mean with the leveling concrete but I think I’d run the pipes under that. But I’m also not in Indonesia so maybe they have some other considerations in play. Kinda curious to see what that process looks like.

Below are a couple more references that might help:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.