Frisco, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
New DPD powder from TFP store bought in Spring 23. Just opened it yesterday and used it and it turned my test sample murky. Same thing today.

The powder is white and fluffy like my others have been. Over 4 years, this has never happened.

Testing is in line but the cloudy thing is weird.

Any ideas?

It's been 400 ish all summer and it didn't happen with the previous DPD powder. New tub of powder and it started. I'll take a picture tomorrow when testing.

Reactions: Newdude
New DPD powder from TFP store bought in Spring 23. Just opened it yesterday and used it and it turned my test sample murky. Same thing today.

The powder is white and fluffy like my others have been. Over 4 years, this has never happened.

Testing is in line but the cloudy thing is weird.

Any ideas?
No idea. I’m glad that the results you’re getting agree with what you expect but this is the first I’ve heard of an issue like this. Do you have any of the old powder to compare to? Can you post a picture of the murky sample?
Nate

Found Matt doing his thing here

And here

(y)

It's in the extended testing directions but in less detail.

This is Taylor's explanation :

Cloudiness is caused by a high level of hardness (> 500 ppm) that precipitates out as calcium and/or magnesium salt

Found Matt doing his thing here

And here

(y)

It's in the extended testing directions but in less detail.

This is Taylor's explanation :

Cloudiness is caused by a high level of hardness (> 500 ppm) that precipitates out as calcium and/or magnesium salt
Yup, I've had it happen in years past when my CH was high.
Sample still went pink to "clear" (cloudy) as expected.

As you can see, it fitts get milky at the end of the test. Current, as of today, test results updated.

The only change has been the DPD powder. Didn't do this with the old DPD powder up until last Friday when I ran out. New powder causes the milky appearance.

Attachments

• IMG_20230910_102723957_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230910_102723957_HDR.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230910_102632320_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230910_102632320_HDR.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230910_102522386.jpg
    IMG_20230910_102522386.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 1
As you can see, it fitts get milky at the end of the test. Current, as of today, test results updated.

The only change has been the DPD powder. Didn't do this with the old DPD powder up until last Friday when I ran out. New powder causes the milky appearance.
As long as it goes from pink to colorless (even if cloudy) it's fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just opened my new refill and used. No cloudiness, but I don’t have high CH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.