Doughboy 21'x41' Autumn Breeze Build Log

Hand stand competition :) The pictures don't do the pool water justice. The water is absolutely gin clear and I can easily see from one end to the other without goggles underwater. With a mask on the water clarity is unbelievable. The pool store wanted to sell me a ton of expensive start up chemicals but I went with what I learned from Pool School and it worked perfectly.

I bought the Taylor K-2006 test kit recommended by you guys on here. I tested the water when the pool was first filled up and it came out the following:

FC - 0 ppm
CC - 0 ppm
PH - 7.3
TA - 20 ppm
CH - 30 ppm
CYA - 0 ppm

I then added roughly 780 pounds of salt, over a dozen boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, 18 pounds of CYA, 36 pounds of Calcium Chloride and 3.5 litres of Muriatic Acid. I ran the pump on high speed for 24 hours.

I tested three days later and found:

FC - 13.0 ppm
CC - 0 ppm
PH - 7.6
TA - 100 ppm
CH - 200 ppm
CYA - 40 ppm
Salt - 3600 ppm

We then noticed that our SWCG was set at 50%, factory default. I shut the generator off for several days and kept the cover off to let the sunlight do it's thing on the FC, thanks Pool School.

After a few days I tested again in the early evening and the FC was stable at 4.5 ppm. It took a good seven days for the CYA to come up and stabilize at 80 ppm. We just followed the recommended amount based on our pool volume and it worked out well.

For the past three weeks our numbers have been steady at:

FC - 4.5 ppm
CC - 0 ppm
PH - 7.6
TA - 100 ppm
CH - 200 ppm
CYA - 80 ppm
Salt - 3600 ppm
Temp - 78-84 (Depending on the day)

Next spring we will be installing either a heat pump or natural gas heater along with a patio and composite deck. Thanks again for all the information and help and hopefully you enjoyed the pictures.

Cheers,

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1403[1] (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1403[1] (Medium).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 98
Awesome job!!! I wish I could redo my floor bottom too. I didn't have issues with the cove but the bottom is horrible in my opinion. I was running out of time n taking care of my husband who was in a motorcycle accident at the beginning of July.

Your pool looks great! I love the mountain views you have! Enjoy the pool while you can!!! Winter is coming soon!!! :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.