Doughboy 21'x41' Autumn Breeze Build Log

88 cubic yards of 3/4 minus road crush hauled in with the Bobcat. I ran 8 foot wide geogrid down on top of the compacted clay substrate before adding the 3/4 minus road crush. There's 4" Big-O drain pipe running down either side of the site as well. All the road crush was compacted in 4" lifts with a 1000 pound diesel plate compactor.

Attachments

• IMG_1130[1] (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1130[1] (Medium).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 66
I wanted to hard plumb the pool and thought this would be the best way to do it...............wrong! In hindsight, I should have just buried the last fifteen feet and then ran the 2" sch 40 on a bed of sand on the surface. We are going to put a low rise composite deck in next spring that will cover everything but still give us quick access should a leak develop down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_1122[1] (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1122[1] (Medium).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 64
Outside corner and step down into the yard. I ran to beads of PL masonry adhesive along each side of the concrete block. Each block is mortared together where they meet with 1 1/4" 10' lengths of galvanized pipe pounded in every fourth block. The wall should be bombproof..........I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_1505[1] (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1505[1] (Medium).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 65

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Equipment pad poured and plumbing finished. I will be replacing all of the Spears valves with the Jandy Never Lube as recommended by you guys next spring. Our local pool supply store had nothing and it was a two week wait to order them in. I plumbed in everything with quick disconnect unions so it should be fairly straight forward to change out next spring.

The concrete turned out okay but I wish I would have hired a professional. I just kind of winged it for my first time but wasn't happy with the finish on the front of the slab. I covered it up 1/2 pressure treated plywood and painted it black. It also protect the 2" plumbing coming out of the 3" sleeves I set in the concrete.

Attachments

• IMG_1883[1] (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1883[1] (Medium).jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 63
Hayward Ecostar remote control panel picture. We absolutely love this pump. It's so quiet on low speed that you literally need to bend down and put your ear beside it to see if it's running. There's not a single bubble in the sight glass on any speed and the programming functions are great. On full speed it will shoot water three feet in the air out of all six jets at the same time. The kids love it!

Attachments

• IMG_2112[1] (Medium).jpg
    IMG_2112[1] (Medium).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 64

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.