Don't want to fuss with liquid chlorine anymore. How to choose the right SWCG for me?

jlyfshhh

Gold Supporter
May 28, 2020
Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I want to ditch liquid chlorine (for the most part, I think you still need a bit with a SWCG and in case needing to SLAM?) and live the salt water life. There are a ton of options out there but you guys are the ones I trust so I am looking for recommendations. Also, all of my plumbing is flex so will that be an issue? Our above ground pool is around 13,500 gallons and I have read that with a single speed pump I should get something for twice that size. Any other tips or recommendations for making the switch are appreciated as well!

with a single speed pump get the biggest SWG you can afford.. the less you have to run the 1 speed the more money you will save... If you had a 2 speed or VS pump I would say get a 30k or 45k.. If you are going to stay 1 speed get a 60k if you can, if not get a 45k..

A 60 k will let you run the pump about 6 to10 hours a day
A 45k will run about 8 to 12 hours
A 30k will run about 12 to 16 hours

this will be dependent on spring, summer, or fall and bather load and how much stuff (tree, dust, flowers) falls into the pool.. :)

Reactions: Newdude
I would think about going to a VS pump if your running 24/7. save MAJOR amount of money... :)

Missed the flex pipe... if it is the thicker actual schedule 40 flex it may be fine but I would want to run hard pipe so nothing happens to a brand new SWG cell..

Still go large(er) All cells have a finite life of 8k-10k hours in use and you have a longer season than most. You will use those hours much sooner than me with the same sized unit.

Still go large(er) All cells have a finite life of 8k-10k hours in use and you have a longer season than most. You will use those hours much sooner than me with the same sized unit.
Thanks, I will definitely go for the biggest I can find in our budget. Which reminds me, I should probably set a budget lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.