Dolphin Supreme M Series Owner’s Club

Hello. Does anyone know if the M200 is any good? Right now I can get it for the same price as the S200 and it's supposedly better built being an M series. I'm demoing an M400 right now and it's doing an 'ok' job with my pool. Won't climb the walls (but I'm pretty sure they have accordions filters in there). I'm worried getting the M200 will be much worse than the M400. Thanks.

I just gotta say, since buying the 500 my pool bottom has never been cleaner! It’s amazing how well the 500 picks up dirt/debris in a short period of time.

Soooooo happy I went with the 500 over other models.

I posted this in another thread (didn't see this one which is more appropriate)

Does the dolphin m500 come with the remote or is it sold seperately? Mine did not, want to make sure if that is correct.

Looking at pulling the trigger on the M500. I was looking at the Polaris 8050. But based on what I have read on here a number of users really like their m500. With the rebate and the price at Pool, Spas and Patios it sounds like a winner.
I do have a few questions if anyone has time to answer them:
What has been the experience with customer service when things need fixing or go wrong? What about warranty repair?
Does it come with the cart? I see some do and some don’t. How much was shipping?
thanks! This place is great!

Looking at pulling the trigger on the M500. I was looking at the Polaris 8050. But based on what I have read on here a number of users really like their m500. With the rebate and the price at Pool, Spas and Patios it sounds like a winner.
I do have a few questions if anyone has time to answer them:
What has been the experience with customer service when things need fixing or go wrong? What about warranty repair?
Does it come with the cart? I see some do and some don’t. How much was shipping?
thanks! This place is great!

The M500 comes with a cart and the price has shipping included from Marina.

I got my m500 last week after my build completed. I talked the builder into swapping out the polaris/pump for the dolphin for the same price ($1200), so I was pretty pumped. It cleans wonderfully, but I have to say the app sucks a big one. Aside from changing the modes that you cant touch from the power supply, the range stinks and is disappointing on what you can do with it. I'd at least like some kind of countdown/alert/timer for cycles and such. At least it cleans great though. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, I bought an M400 at the beginning of summer and it worked great all year. I used the timer and it would run every day with no issues. Once it got colder... I run it about once a week. I am noticing that it is not running as fast nor is it climbing the walls very well. I keep the filter clean and there isn't anything obstructing it that I can see. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Hi, I bought an M400 at the beginning of summer and it worked great all year. I used the timer and it would run every day with no issues. Once it got colder... I run it about once a week. I am noticing that it is not running as fast nor is it climbing the walls very well. I keep the filter clean and there isn't anything obstructing it that I can see. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

You will find that the buoyancy changes quite a bit depending on water temp.

I found the same with my M500.

In winter it would not climb over a small perimeter ledge on my FG pool. I added some small pieces of polystyrene foam to aid in buoyancy which did the trick.

As summer approached and the water temps increased I noted that the M500 was now way too 'floaty' to do its job properly so I just removed the temp floats and it climbs up over the ledge fine with no additional floats.

You might need to experiment a little with the size of the polystyrene - I just cut up four strips so they fit just on top of the filter cartridges (2 on each side) - long enough that they are wedged in place and held by the lids.

8bTNHE.jpg

Performance in cold water:

Thanks! I may give that a try. The speed doesn't seem to be as fast as the one in the video though. I did put the fine cartridges in for the first time today and thought that might have something to do with it because of less water flow. However, I noticed the dolphin in the video has those cartridges in too and it is moving as fast as mine normally does.

When the filters start to load up with dirt and debris, I do note that my M500 does slow down as well.

From memory I reckon the filters were just cleaned when I took that short video.

Give it a go with the polystyrene - Initially I used pieces which were way too big and that provided too much buoyancy so be prepared to play around with their width to get it just right.

At least the polystyrene does not cost anything - Just use some off-cuts from some old packing etc.

I've read that it's suggested to keep the M400 cleaner and caddy stored away from the elements when not in use. Anyone have recommendations on a storage unit they find useful that is the right size to accommodate?
I keep mine in a deck box - https://www.keter.com/en/store-it-out-midi. I store the Dolphin on one half and other pool equipment/stuff on the other side.

This one was ok, but the hinge broke on one side after a couple of years. I still use it since it's still functional. I will get a bigger deck box next time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.