Gold Supporter
Jul 25, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Just bought the Dolphin S50 today. Bought the ultra-fine filter separately through Amazon. Followed all the instructions, dropped it in the water 10 minutes ago and he's definitely "doing his thing!" However, nowhere in the user manual does it say when the robot cleaner's cycle is finished? So how will I know when the cleaning cycle is over? What does the cleaner do at that point? Thanks!

Should stop at 1.5 hours. You can turn it off or run it again or pull it out.

I'm looking at robots, does this hit your entire pool? Does it do walls at all? 40' cord is plenty for me. Did you buy from Marina Pool?

Should stop at 1.5 hours. You can turn it off or run it again or pull it out.

I'm looking at robots, does this hit your entire pool? Does it do walls at all? 40' cord is plenty for me. Did you buy from Marina Pool?
Last night was the pilot run of my Dolphin S50, just bought it yesterday. Before putting the robot in the water I probably had 40-50 little piles of dead algae on the bottom of my pool. I'd been brushing them into suspension while SLAMing hoping to get rid of them, but every morning the 40-50 piles were all back again on the bottom. Enter "Dirty Harry" (my robot cleaner lol)...ran him through two cycles last night and this morning there was only 5 dead algae piles on the bottom of my pool. So, I don't know if those 5 piles "poofed" up when Harry ran over them, or if Harry just missed them? Either way...it sure beats manual vacuuming lol

So, did Harry hit the whole pool? Not sure. He doesn't do my walls, but then again the S50 isn't designed to. Plus, I've read here in the TFP forums that ABG vinyl liner pools don't really need a wall-walker robot cleaner. The 40' cord was sufficient. I bought it from my local pool store. But definitely buy the ultra-fine filter if you happen to buy one of the Maytronics Dolphin models that it fits (link below). I think the ultra-fine filter is the reason I'm finally down to almost zero dead algae piles on the pool floor.

Ultra-fine filter

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.