Dolphin S300i Phone App

This is kind of why I don't want the Bluetooth one. Seems like a nice gimmick that'll be outdated sooner or later.

I don't see the App as a gimmick but as a planned part of their technology development. There are some advanced features on the S300i that can only be accessed via the cell phone app (Ultra Cleaning mode, customized daily schedule, etc) and so I don't think you can call it a gimmick if Dolphin has such features that can only be accessed in that particular way. As well, Bluetooth technology has been around since 1999/2000 and is almost two decades old; if it were a gimmick then I doubt it would have lasted this long. It's a perfectly fine connection strategy for short range communications between devices. The only other form of wireless connection would be built-in WiFi but that is a lot more complicated to implement and more costly as well. While it is likely the case that Dolphin will migrate to built-in WiFi eventually (seems like everything nowadays is going that route), I think their Bluetooth connectivity will be around for a long time to come. I actually prefer Bluetooth connectivity for these types of devices as it doesn't rely on a person having a WiFi router or cluttering up one's home router with even more "internet-of-things" devices.

I uninstalled then reinstalled and it works now.

Glad it was an easy fix.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.