Ferndale, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So when I pull my S200 out of the pool, it releases dirt into my very clean pool. If I don't let the water drain it's less, but still happens. is something wrong?

That it flops over and closes. Each side has a metal bar through it. They should come together and flop to one side when you look at it.

So when I pull my S200 out of the pool, it releases dirt into my very clean pool. If I don't let the water drain it's less, but still happens. is something wrong?

I had this problem when I was using the mesh filter. Switching to the pleated filter (plus the mesh pre-filter) solved it for me.

Reactions: mknauss
what's the mesh pre-filter?
It's a 4-sided (just walls, no floor) mesh insert that fits inside the filter basket and catches leaves and other large debris, so the pleated panels that form the walls of the filter basket won't get clogged with that large debris and can just catch dirt and pollen. Also known as the "Rough Filter Insert": Authentic ROUGH FILTER INSERT S2 | Maytronics

EP Large-EP_9983106-1.jpg

That it flops over and closes. Each side has a metal bar through it. They should come together and flop to one side when you look at it.
I did check and yes if I’m looking at it, it’s closed.
I had this problem when I was using the mesh filter. Switching to the pleated filter (plus the mesh pre-filter) solved it for me.
Ok so I changed it to the pleated filters. So do you use those all the time?

I changed it to the pleated filters. So do you use those all the time?

I do, although because my pool is surrounded by trees, I also always use the mesh pre-filter to make it easier to rinse leaves out of the filter basket. Without the pre-filter, leaves get stuck in the pleats and it's tedious to remove them.

If your robot doesn't need to handle a lot of leaves, and is usually only picking up stuff like dirt and pollen, the pre-filter wouldn't be necessary.

I do, although because my pool is surrounded by trees, I also always use the mesh pre-filter to make it easier to rinse leaves out of the filter basket. Without the pre-filter, leaves get stuck in the pleats and it's tedious to remove them.

If your robot doesn't need to handle a lot of leaves, and is usually only picking up stuff like dirt and pollen, the pre-filter wouldn't be necessary.
Thanks. Im
Also surrounded by trees but I don’t get leaves til September/October. So I can see how it goes and maybe get that later. Thanks. I’ll put it out soon and see if dirt falls out although the pool is pretty clean today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok with the pleated filter I just pulled it out. Still dirt came out, however less. That just may be because there was hardly anything in the basket. Pool was pretty clean today. So what could be causing this?

Check that the filter panels are seated in the frame correctly. I never see anything come out of mine.

Not sure why you are having the issue. If the filter panels are full seated, and the flap closure at the bottom is fully functional, there is no way you can get dirty water to come out of the robot with the filter basked securely installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.