Dolphin Nautilus CC vs Plus

Jul 10, 2018
West Henrietta, NY
Hello All!

I finally think I'm ready to pull the trigger on my first robotic pool cleaner and am looking at the Dolphin Nautilus CC and Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus and cannot decide if the extra $160 for the Plus is worth it. I've read piles of reviews but still cannot decide. Mostly it comes down to the dual scrubbers and "extra-fine" filter on the Plus. Anyone have real-world experience with the performance on each of these?

Of course, also looking for the best deal...been comparing Amazon, Doheny and PoolZoom...any leads on other shopping options?

Pool is a 16x25 in-ground with steps.

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to TFP UncleRico... I do not own the specific model you mention as I have the Dolphin S200. From what I gather the CC plus has a longer cord (which you may not need for your size pool) and the CC plus has a 2 year vs 1 year warranty. The CC plus has more brushes so perhaps a more complicated unit? It appears that these units are online only and warranty may be voided if not purchased from their affiliates?? What is the current pool cleaner you are replacing? What type of debris does your pool normally get?

At the end of the day I really like my robot and my pool is cleaner than my suction cleaner provided.

I purchased the Plus model this morning and cannot wait for it to get here. We (I) have been using a manual vacuum head for the 8 years we have owned our pool and I am TIRED. I went with Plus because of the filter & scrubbers and wanted the robotic vacuum so that it did not have to run through the pool's filter system. Hopefully I can update soon with a review and personal opinion of this unit.

Welcome! New here as well. I have also been researching robot pool cleaners and reading posts here as well. Our in ground pool is going in as we speak. Hopefully be jumping in soon. Looks like another month.

I have also narrowed my search down to the Nautilus CC as one of my top picks along with the Aquabot X4. The X4 caught my attention as well with the 3-year warranty and caddy. Though have not seen that many reviews on the X4.

Thanks,
Alan

The thing I like about my Dolphin S200 is cleaning ability, cord swivel, design simplicity, large debris basket with 2 sets of filters, 2 year warranty, easy to clean and rebate! I don't need remote control, caddie and complicated things to go wrong.

The Nautilus CC is a fine machine Im sure and the S300i has all the bells and whistles...

Bottom line is if you are moving up from a suction cleaner or you will be able to eliminate a separate pump I think you will be happy.

Hi All,

I ended up going with the Plus version which should arrive today...to answer some of the questions...

It appears that these units are online only and warranty may be voided if not purchased from their affiliates?? I ended up purchasing it from PoolZoom through Amazon.

What is the current pool cleaner you are replacing? Manual / suction vac...this is my first robot and I'm working on what to name it as that seems like a requirement based on various reviews / threads.

What type of debris does your pool normally get? Lots of pine needs and the maple tree "helicopters"

The suction vac on this pool has always been a PITA so I'm looking forward to how much easier this could make my life....hoping it lives up to the hype! I'll update with a review!

@ctrav - The pool wasn't opened last year so I'll really be putting this thing to the test...just waiting for a new motor to come because that's how this year is going. Named it "Mo" after the Wall-E character (see my avatar). :cool:

The bot came yesterday and, as I've seen in some of the videos for the unit, a number of the brushes on the scrubbers are flattened. Will they "bounce back" over time? Is this an issue? What is the best way to avoid more of that happening? Some people say to store it upside down, but the shape doesn't really lend itself to that. Maybe build an ad-hoc pedestal so the brushes don't rest on the ground?

Rico - Mo is a good name....

Not sure why any brushes would be flattened on a new unit? I would call and enquire on that issue. As for storage (I don't have a stand just the bot) I always just place the bot (Phin) on his side or upside down to take the pressure off the brushes. If yo place on its side you will have to rest it up against something or it will tip over.

The PLUS was definitely the way to go. I have the regular CC model and it does a great job cleaning BUT the cord gets tangle and stays that way. The swivel they added to the PLUS model def makes it worth the extra money

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Biggest thing the plus has going for it is the top loading filters. much easier to clean. I don't think the CC has the top loading filters.

Definitely go for the plus.

- - - Updated - - -

@ctrav - The pool wasn't opened last year so I'll really be putting this thing to the test...just waiting for a new motor to come because that's how this year is going. Named it "Mo" after the Wall-E character (see my avatar). :cool:

The bot came yesterday and, as I've seen in some of the videos for the unit, a number of the brushes on the scrubbers are flattened. Will they "bounce back" over time? Is this an issue? What is the best way to avoid more of that happening? Some people say to store it upside down, but the shape doesn't really lend itself to that. Maybe build an ad-hoc pedestal so the brushes don't rest on the ground?

Buy the caddy to store it.

The Plus is nice, but if I had it to do over again I might've gone a different direction entirely.

If you have steps/shelves with curved corners, the Plus may get itself hung up on the corner and unable to move because none of the tracks are touching anything. I think I would have gotten one that has the option for a floor only mode and used that most of the time and brushed the steps and stuff myself unless I wanted the walls and tile cleaned once a week or something.

The ultra-fine filters are very nice though, as is the top loading. I wish the cycle was longer as I often have to run it twice to get relatively clean (it misses a section near the steps in a corner because it ends up climbing the steps instead of doing the floor there).

You'll be amazed how much stuff it picks up. And then when you have the pool clean and switch from the fine to ultra-fine (pleated) you'll be amazed again at how much sand and stuff is down there.

Reactions: Serling
Just wanted to see if you have any updates on your Nautilus CC Plus purchase? I'm looking at the unit on Amazon for $730 no tax free shipping from PoolZoom. I have a freeform 32' length pool with shelf and steps, hoping to find a unit that is sub-$800.

I also have my eye on the Nautilus cc plus model on Amazon. The price is seemingly changing daily on this cleaner, just a week ago it was $699, it's $790 today.

Waiting for the price dip back to $699 before I pull the trigger myself, looks like a good unit.

Been looking at this model for a bit as well for my 16x32 pool. I don't get much debris at all so not sure moving up would yield much benefit. Having said that, wondering how much a S200 or S20i active (same thing?) would be from Marina vs the $699-799 for this unit, I think the main diff is active front and back brushes vs passive on the Plus?

This was helpful:
The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You — Sunplay

All these units have multiple re-brands. The original Dolphin Nautilus has been much improved with the Nautilus CC and CC Plus.

I’m trying to get the wife prepared for a big purchase. We save thousands by me doing all the pool maintenance and a $700 robot seems like a hard sell for some reason ;)

I just wanted to know if anyone has it and is happy. Those of us with spas still need to use a manual vacuum for cleaning that, so a robot isn’t a solve-all cleaning solution.

Often the Amazon Warehouse Deals have good prices and are just light use returns, but then again Pool Zoom there’s no tax so I’ll get a new one.

?[emoji3]. Neighbor finally came back from their northern summer home & put in new Nautilus CC plus! Kismet. Got to see it in action today, and I am amazed. They have a approx 15000k gal. rectangular pool, no spa, IG with mini pebble, so similar to mine if to find whether it’ll be a good fit. One thing it don’t understand is the power supply suitcase thing. What does that do? Inverter I’d assume, but a timer also? Is it ok to leave that in the sun?

Watching that little guy moving along the pool line tile and that powerful ‘thruster’ practically gluing it to the wall is really confidence building. It’s quiet and no thump thump thump like I used to hate with my old Kreepy.

They have a pool guy come once a week, but they kept a The Pool Cleaner in the system, but they didn’t have a auto level so it would choke when the water level got too low. During summer out pools loose a lot of water. I could hear the skimmer choking from my bedroom and it was super annoying, so at least this can run without worry of sucking air.

I want one, Santa are u listening?

I also have my eye on the Nautilus cc plus model on Amazon. The price is seemingly changing daily on this cleaner, just a week ago it was $699, it's $790 today.

Waiting for the price dip back to $699 before I pull the trigger myself, looks like a good unit.

Just noticed it's back down to $699 btw. I may wait until next year personally given pool season is done shortly, plus I have "birthday cake" steps at one end and the curved comment above concerns me.

��[emoji3]One thing it don’t understand is the power supply suitcase thing. What does that do? Inverter I’d assume, but a timer also? Is it ok to leave that in the sun?

That is the power supply. Best to not leave in the sun. Also should not get too wet. I put mine in a shady spot and when it might rain I put it in the garage. The robot is pulled out weekly to clean the filters.

Marina Pool in Denver had the Active20 at $700 earlier this year. Longer warranty than the internet models. Ask for the combo filter basket.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.