Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Belt Came off - New!

Aug 3, 2018
NJ
Has anyone had an issue with one of the belts coming off the track on a newer CC Plus? Just bought this Summer found it very strange one of the belts seemed to have dislodged and popped off the bearing of the front wheel. Found it strange as the unit was just purchased this summer. Think maybe it was just a fluke and caught on the stairs or something? TY!

I just had this happen to mine. Now it isn't running correctly. It moves extra slowly and just isn't acting like it's normal cycle. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and now it seems like it is just going through it's test for a couple minutes then turns off and the light turns red on the power button. Time to see how good they are on the warranty. I just bought it this past April.

Has anyone had an issue with one of the belts coming off the track on a newer CC Plus? Just bought this Summer found it very strange one of the belts seemed to have dislodged and popped off the bearing of the front wheel. Found it strange as the unit was just purchased this summer. Think maybe it was just a fluke and caught on the stairs or something? TY!
As I posted earlier, I also had this happen to mine just yesterday/maybe the day before. I just know it didn't work this morning and I pulled it out of the pool and saw the belt was off the track. Thought I was going to have to travel 40 miles one way to get it fixed. Then I thought, let me see if I can see if something else is wrong and I did! I could see something lodged in the gears.

I found a video on how to open it up and sure enough. Apparently my cleaner got in a fight with a kids beach/kick ball. I saw a torn up one over by the corner of my pool steps and thought some neighbor kid probably tossed it over and an animal got to it or something as it had a large piece missing. Yep, that piece was what was folded up and scrunched into the gears. Put it back together and it's working like a charm again. Thank goodness.

This would happen on my CC Plus on occasion and is a total mystery to me. I replaced the belts and was good for about a month, then it did it again. When it does this, it seems to stretch the belt ever so slightly, so it may reoccur with more frequency. Every time it does this, it damages the styrofoam on the side. I had to replace that once as well. I was never able to figure out why this happens and never actually witnessed it happening either. And besides the black marks it leaves all over my plaster pool, its a decent robot despite this.

BTW, I just sent mine in for warranty repair, for the same reason. Track came off for the last time, and never acted right afterwards. Motor malfunction. Bought it back in June 2019, so clearly longevity with these things is questionable. I purchased a Doheny's Discovery in the meantime, and will have the Nautilus as a backup.

Last edited:
Purchased mine back in May 2020. Worked fine for 6 weeks or so but then the tracks started coming off and it wouldn't move. I tried getting it back on without removing any parts. Was not successful. Finally found a video on how to take them apart and pulled the cover and side pieces off. One of the foam blocks was damaged pretty bad. The other side not as much but still had damage. Put them back on and it ran for less than an hour before the tracks came off again. Sending it back to Maytronics tomorrow for warranty repair. Not at all happy. Given the cost of the unit and the fact that it's only 4 months old I expected more. Customer service said they have received "some" calls regarding the same issue recently.

I have it since the spring.
It came off within a week.
I wrote a scathing review and this got the Maytronix attention, they gave me a vase # and said I could send it in.
This would leave me without a cleaner. So I keep using it.
Today something worse took place: the track not just came off, but then after having been put back refused to rotate making snapping sounds.
Upon inspection, it also got off the channel inside. There is something it goes under, a smooth tensioner ot an idler....so I had to disassemble the thing, readjust the track, then put it back together, then put the track over rollers outside. Then it worked.

Maytronics Dolphin does superb job cleaning. Way, many levels above what the Diamond can.
But the workmanship is shoddy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My belt also keepss coming off but only on one side.
Yesterday was the worse it came off and lodge resl tight in the middle of the units track.
Very hard time getting it freed.
Unit is less than 1 year old.
When it works its great

I have the Dolphin escape. It looks very much like this one.
I had this problem. I thought the belts were stretched out. I bought new belts. It did not help much.
I looked over my device again and again. Watched videos and how to replace belt videos and then I finally figured it out.
The front wheels (small ones) broke and let the track get "Loose and Floppy." I figured out how to take the wheels off. Cleaned them. Sanded a bit. rinsed with isopropyl alcohol. Let it dry and then glues them back together from the outside. I used Araldite clear epoxy.
Worked like a charm. No more tracks falling off. They are snugged up again. I did not bother to try and find new front wheels. It was easy to fix mine with the epoxy that I already had at home in the desk :D
I probably should have glued the inside, but it fits kind of odd and I did not want to mess up the inside tolerance and the centering bump/tab things on the inside..
Spacing is important for them to work Look at the arrows to see now they are "centered properly."

Attachments

• Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Outside.jpg
    Outside.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 17
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.