Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus being discontinued

spd500

Jul 20, 2020
Houston, TX
I called Marina Pool and Spa today and spoke with Margaret with the idea that I was ready to order a dolphin Nautilus CC Plus for my pool and she told me that they have changed the design and they are going to be discontinued! Her suggestion was to get a Pentair Warrior instead of the Dolphin unit. I know and respect her reputation in the group, so I am not worried about bad advice from her, but I just have to ask the group about this. Who all has a Pentair Warrior robot? How long have you had it? What are your thoughts on them? Should I be considering upgrading to something different?

I purchased a Pentair Warrior SE on Margarete's advice about six months ago. Couldn't be happier with this choice! It seems to be identical to a Dolphin S200 and she had a better rebate for the SE so she recommended it. The only thing to know is that it has an automation mode that's not documented in it's manual. If you want to put it on a timer this is needed. If you want to use the per-programmed mode that runs it automatically for 5 days then you don't need this feature. I put mine in automation mode and run it off a smart plug. The only other thing to know is it's important to clean the filter weekly. Even though it doesn't look dirty since the box is empty the filter panels will have a substantial amount of fine dirt in them and this restricts water flow which also reduces suction. So it won't pick up sand etc off the bottom. This is common for all robots that have a fine filter set. The SE comes with both and I use the fine. My pool has never been this clean, it really does a great job.

Something to think about is do you leave it in the water 24/7? I do the latter since there are many people on here that have pools with robots in the water 24/7 more than 7 years and I don't want to pull it out of the water every day. It runs two hours daily in the morning and when we swim I just move it to the side and put the cord on the deck. It winds into a pretty small circle very easy. I also use one of those wire covers to make the installation look neater plus reduce trip hazard (see photo below).

I hope this is helpful.

Chris

1604663332759.png

Reactions: Divin Dave
I have a Pentair Warrior SE and I got it from Margaret.

Maytronics makes the thing, its just branded Pentair.
All of the parts and filters on it are Dolphin ones, so no problem with parts availability in the future should you need them.

Ive had it only several months and it's doing a great job.
I could't be more happy with it, and the tangle free cord on this robot works as advertised

Prior to getting the Warrior, I had a Dolphin Nautilus that lasted 7 years.
I fully expect my new Dolphin.... ooops.. I mean Pentair Warrior to do the same

Warrior is great. I think the pricier robots are likely a lot of useless fluff. The cord cover is a great idea, mine winds up all over the place on my deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.