Dolphin M200 Won't Sink Flat

Fbskiracer

Silver Supporter
Jun 20, 2020
Upstate NY
I am going to try to get a picture of this when my water clears a bit more from opening the pool. When I opened the pool it was pretty green so I am in the process of SLAMing it.

I threw my dolphin in and it wint sink flat, It is listing (left to right if the treads are front and back). to the side with the side the cord attaches to being low and the other half being high. II changed the ultra fine filters today thinking filter resistance might be keeping it up a bit but it doesn't seem to matter.

It seems to do this even with the robot off. I have flipped it upside down to get all the air out. Is it a kink in the cord or a float issue from storage this winter? I'm at a loss. Half the time its floatting acros the bottom and not scrubbing.

My water Temp is 56. ph 7.5 TA 90. Chlorine is >20 I can't find my borate strips but they should be around 45.

So I cleaned everything last night. Took the top off and the impeller out. It spun freely but there was a bit of hair around it.

I think the impeller/motor is the culprit. I suspect they aren't designed to sink flat. I can't find any air trapping. The floats spin freely.

I assume I need to replace the whole unit even though it is from 2020.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.