Dolphin getting stuck

I received the new covers, it took about 8 weeks :(
And I do not know if they will work yet.
I find myself lacking an 8 ft screwdriver...maybe a cheap screwdriver cemented into a pvc pipe will work. Been having too many guests and spending too many hours at work to fool with it. Did I mention its like 100 degrees outside

Hey MarkTX, did you ever try installing these? Did they work with your robot?

Just received mine. Had to wait until this season. Water now warm enough to swim. Will need to rent a SCUBA tank before I can attempt the install. And hope they are the same size as my Hayward covers else it could be pointless.

I’m considering the Polaris 9650i and would like to hear your feedback. Is it worth all that $$$?
Does it work well with the IAquaLink? It it tough to get in and out of the pool?

Hi IcemanK2, I was on the fence but ultimately picked up the Leslie’s version (965iQ) which is identical.

Since it’s already end of season where I am, I’ve only unboxed and run the unit about 3X to test it’s in working condition and to see whether it remedied my drain-sticking problems (so I could still return otherwise). In short, I’m pleasantly impressed. Not only does it tackle my drains with ease, it’s a bit large and more substantial than my other robot. Yes, it does work with iAquaLink though you’ll need to ensure you have a strong WiFi signal near the controller. Also, the removal/lift feature is quite slick. Keeps you from having to pull the unit through the water by the power cord (inviting a host of other wear and tear issues in long run).

While pool robots are expensive, and I wished I didn’t need to replace an existing robot in first place, the convenience of knowing it’s doing what it’s intended to do (clean, uninterrupted, without needing to be supervised) turned out to be worth it in the end, to me at least.

Thanks Miles for the response.

I’m getting close to building and considering not getting the 280 with a booster pump they put in the bid and using that money towards a robot.

The 9650iQ caught my eye because of the 70’ cord and iAquaLink. The pool is long and they are putting in an iAquaLink.

Understand. My PB too recommended same. I eventually opted for a dedicated side port for a suction cleaner only to go with a robot quickly after.

Also to clarify I don’t have an iAquaLink system but rather use the iOS app only to control the robot. Sorry for confusion.

Bought a used Triton for $350 and it's great except for the whole getting stuck multiple times a go through. Came here to see no resolution and it's disappointing.

Steps/bench or drain cover?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just received the Dolphin Sigma. It got stuck twice (on step corner and drain cover) in the 1st half hour. I was stuck on the other drain cover again by the time the clock ran out...I don't know how long it was there, but the pool wasn't fully cleaned.
You would think with the gyroscope, it would know when it was stuck and reverse one or more of it's 3 motors to get unstuck.
I also wasn't notified by the phone app that there was trouble.
Hopefully it remembers where it gets stuck and avoids direct hits to those spots.
Anyone know if they have OTA updates for the Sigma firmware to fix or mitigate this problem?
I've contacted them about the problem, but didn't know about the impeller flow diverter. I'll be sure to ask.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.