Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I have a two year old Dolphin E30 that has worked perfectly since I got it. Lately, it has a strange activity pattern - it starts, moves backward, then forward in about 30 second increments and pauses, then forward again - over and over forward until it reaches a wall. Then, it sits at the bottom of the wall running but doesn't climb it. I have unplugged it, plugged it back in. I have also taken it apart and confirmed that there is no obstruction. The basket is empty and clean and the water temp is about 80 degrees. Any ideas?

How old is the cleaner?

There are several parts that can wear out over time making it difficult for the cleaner to move. You will sometimes see the treads jerk.

Maytronics Dolphin 9983142 Gear Drive for Motor
Maytronics Dolphin 9993219 Wheel Kit
Maytronics Dolphin 9995543-ASSY Active Brush Assembly

The last two have sleeve bearings that wear out over time.

Two seasons old - I tried new tracks - but they don't make a difference. Are all of the parts above user-replaceable? I am just out of warranty.

Last edited:
Yes, they are all user replaceable. Also, in my experience, those parts wear out faster than the tracks.

I would also recommend replacing them all at the same time. They all fit together tightly and from my experience, if there is slop in any one component, it affects the others and makes them wear faster.

Thanks, mas. I just ordered those parts and will replace them and report back. :) I appreciate the guidance.

Just curious on how often you run the cleaner. I didn't need to change these parts for about 4 years but I was running the cleaner about every other day.

I run it every day - trees around the pool so there is plenty to pick up. But it is only two years old - I am surprised to be having any issues with it. Once the parts come, I will give it a shot, but if this doesn't fix it, I am going to look at a different brand of robot for my next purchase. (and I am shocked at the price increases in two years, my $800 E30 is now a $1,000 E30... sigh.)

Reactions: mas985
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.