Dolphin DX5 Plus - Troubleshooting Advice

BrianV

Apr 19, 2014
Henderson, NV
Hello,
I have a Maytronics Dolphin DX5 Plus that has been serving me well for 6 or 7 years. It was working fine up until the other day when I found it stopped in the pool. I pulled it out, emptied and cleaned it, reset the power supply, put it back in the pool and nothing. I took it out to do the recommended "out-of-water" test by turning it upside down and powering it up. The rollers moved, it did it's self-diagnostic routine and shut down as it should. That only happened once. Anytime I tried the test afterward, it did nothing. Now I'm trying to figure out where and how to start troubleshooting. I know parts and service are expensive for these machines, and I certainly can't afford a new one. I'm hoping I can repair it myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Brian

Brian,

Robots tend to last 5 to 7 years and then they die..

The main cause of failure is a flooded motor box, which is just about impossible to fix.. On the other hand, if it isn't working, what have you got to lose?

Some things you can fix yourself are...

Suction motor that is clogged or has hair or string wrapped around the impeller.
Bad track bearings that have too much drag.
Intermittent cable or swivel.
Replacing the power supply, when it is known to not work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.