Dolphin Deluxe Cl1 stopping mid cycle

Bafrye

Gold Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
I have run into a second problem, while I was out hunting for my pool light junction box, I looked over to find that my Dolphin stopped. I went over, turned it off, waited a few minutes, and then turned it back on. It ran for about 30 minutes and then stopped again. I pulled it out and checked to make sure there was nothing blocking the propeller and that the tracks moved freely. We purchased our house last year, according to the records from the previous owner, they purchased it in 2007. Has anyone ran into this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1548.jpeg
    IMG_1548.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 9
I had a Dolphin Dynamic, probably around 15 years old. It looked very similar to yours and it was a great cleaner. The only thing I was willing to spend money was $10 for the yellow fan attached to the impeller but the spindle wouldn't even turn (the impeller had no hair or debris) but I think the motor probably just wore out or the tracks needed to be replaced. I think you can take it to a Leslie's if you have one near you, and they'll diagnose it for free, but I'd call them first to check.

I didnt think it was worth putting any money into it because of the age. I ended up buying a Polaris robot and so far I'm really happy with it but a lot of people on the forum get Dolphin robots from Marina Pool in Oregon via phone (better price). Good luck.

I had a Dolphin Dynamic, probably around 15 years old. It looked very similar to yours and it was a great cleaner. The only thing I was willing to spend money was $10 for the yellow fan attached to the impeller but the spindle wouldn't even turn (the impeller had no hair or debris) but I think the motor probably just wore out or the tracks needed to be replaced. I think you can take it to a Leslie's if you have one near you, and they'll diagnose it for free, but I'd call them first to check.

I didnt think it was worth putting any money into it because of the age. I ended up buying a Polaris robot and so far I'm really happy with it but a lot of people on the forum get Dolphin robots from Marina Pool in Oregon via phone (better price). Good luck.
Thank you! I will have to give Leslie's a call. I ended up unplugging it and it worked fine after that. Today, went out and this time it only wants to run for a few minutes.

Thank you! I will have to give Leslie's a call. I ended up unplugging it and it worked fine after that. Today, went out and this time it only wants to run for a few minutes.
I"m sorry to hear that. That must have been pretty frustrating. You mentioned your pool light junction box. Are you sure it's not something to do with the junction box? Last week I wanted to use this little table fan outside and when I plugged it in, it wouldn't turn on (we had had a storm previously where the power went out for a minute). So I forgot about it and then we were getting ready to put the robot in. None of the lights on the robot's power panel would light up and this is a 2 week old cleaner. Then I remembered the fan not working so went down to the electrical panel and sure enough, that particular fuse was off. Turned it back on and the cleaner lit up.

Anyway, just a thought. Good luck and I hope you can get it working. Because of its age, I would recommend getting a new one if it's going to be too costly to fix. Those older Dolphins are work horses so I hope it could be something simple.

I"m sorry to hear that. That must have been pretty frustrating. You mentioned your pool light junction box. Are you sure it's not something to do with the junction box? Last week I wanted to use this little table fan outside and when I plugged it in, it wouldn't turn on (we had had a storm previously where the power went out for a minute). So I forgot about it and then we were getting ready to put the robot in. None of the lights on the robot's power panel would light up and this is a 2 week old cleaner. Then I remembered the fan not working so went down to the electrical panel and sure enough, that particular fuse was off. Turned it back on and the cleaner lit up.

Anyway, just a thought. Good luck and I hope you can get it working. Because of its age, I would recommend getting a new one if it's going to be too costly to fix. Those older Dolphins are work horses so I hope it could be something simple.
Based off of the electrical testing, it appears its the motor and unfortunately, isn't worth fixing. Now to figure out which dauphin to get to replace it.

Based off of the electrical testing, it appears its the motor and unfortunately, isn't worth fixing. Now to figure out which dauphin to get to replace it.
Yeah, I heard a new motor is something like $600 so definitely not worth the fix. If you're anything like me, have fun trying to make a decision with all the models they have. Good luck and let us know what you get.

Yeah, I heard a new motor is something like $600 so definitely not worth the fix. If you're anything like me, have fun trying to make a decision with all the models they have. Good luck and let us know what you get.
I just ordered the Pentair Warrior SI from Margaret at Marina Pool & Spas. I can’t wait for it to get here!

Reactions: mickey4paws
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.